Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

07 sportsman 800 efi idle issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 08:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 sportsman 800 efi idle issue

still fighting the low speed hesitation and shutting off on this machine. when you go start 1st thing of the day it idles around 1250 rpm. as the day goes on the idle continues to drop untill it gets to 950 rpm then the machine will randomly just shut off. it always starts right back up and anything above 1/4 throttle is fine. i have replace throttle body, tps, tps harness, tbap, tbap harness, installed new plugs,plug wires, battery. i got the tbap and tps sensors and harness from otb. i had a terrible time adjusting the tps. if i backed the idle screw all the way out,unhooked throttle cable i could not achieve the base voltage required in the service manual. i open the hole on the tps so i could get voltages in spec and the machine still did the same thing. i emailed otb and was told i shouldn't have touched the idle screw. he said he never does it that way because he could never get it to work. he said to bolt the tps on and adjust until it idles good. so i bought another tps and a used throttle body the still had the yellow glue blocking the idle screw so i knew it had never been turned. installed a new tps which still could not achieve the proper voltage , but adjusted untill it idled good and locked it down. still same issue. i dont know if a oem polaris tps would yeld different results. fuel pressure is at 40psi. compleatly stumped. i have chased all tbap and tps wires all the way to pcm and have no problems. i have to be over looking somthing but can figure it out. any ideas. PLEASE HELP