Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

96 Polaris Magnum 425 2 x 4 good battery brand new stator no start no lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 03:45 AM
A free fix is the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Polaris Magnum 425 2 x 4 good battery brand new stator no start no lights

Got got this four-wheeler from a buddy of mine. It had no spark issue got to looking at it I noticed some oil on the pull rope I'm not certified or been to school for mechanics but I'm the little mechanically inclined I knew that there's not supposed to be oil on there do a little research online didn't have an ohms tester and have a little money to throw around. Found a stator online for $35 got it in..... Rewind a little bit it took me forever to get the damn flywheel off just saying. Oh and I might add I have very little tools and very little cash but I'm just trying to learn something new here and get something cool to play with. Anyways got the new stator in and before I put this in or did any work to it I could push the starter button and it would try to start and get the lights to turn on but now I can't. The only way I can get it to start, sounds a little crazy, but the battery that came with it was no good took a 12 volt battery that I had that was good around the house and jumped the starter I hook the negative on the battery that was good to the negative on the four-wheeler and the positive straight to the starter and just tap it till starting fires right up runs okay but I can't get it to work without doing that also it's only got like three-quarters of its power I've noticed that the throttle feels like it's got a little pressure all the way to about three-quarters of the way through and then it kind of gives a little or basically I just don't go any faster uphill is a challenge really slow have tried to adjust the carburetor on there a little but I am not very good at carburetors for I've only took one apart and that would be the Trailblazer that is currently all the way to been apart and that's another story. I don't have a bunch of fancy tools or basically any tools hardly but I've been able to manage to get a lot of stuff done with nothing basically what I'm asking is is there anyway I could somehow rigged the battery to get charged from the stator that I have on there and get lights for little to no money and is there any way to either get the throttle to let me go full speed or is there something blocking me from getting topped out also this is my first time on one of these blog so I'm sorry if I took a long time to get to the point thanks for reading