Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

EBS HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-1999, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Then how come the only ATV I ever owned that left me stranded was my Brand new Honda 300 4x4? My Polaris has never done that and it has run as good if not better than the Honda did. Were are all these unreliable Polaris quads? How come my dealer, reccommed my Xplorer over the Honda 300 4x4? When the Xplorer 250 was 4200 and the 300 was 5200? cant say they were making more money off the Polaris. and would they reccomend a quad to a guy that buys brand new ones every couple years? and ruin a relationship with a 15 year customer? Actually i have a neighbor that has a 1986 Trail boss, he lets his kids ride it and he has had no troubles with it, no motor rebuilds nothing. Tires and a couple chains.

Old 11-14-1999, 10:05 PM
Trailblazer

Hey oOoHondaoOo, One of the reasons I chose Polaris is that it is American made. You can sit behind your keyboard and talk your biased trash, but don't even bring the American made thing into here. Don't attack someones patriotism and citzenship. Obviously you don't have any respect for the reasons and people who made this country what it is. I could care less what brand of rice burner your ride, or where it was built, your dollar ultimately ends up overseas. By the way, whats up with all the ooo's in your name? - must be the sound you make when your gettin' reamed by a Polaris.

Have a nice day,

Chris

------------------

Old 11-14-1999, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

oooooOOooo;Chris you never fail to amaize me good one again!!!!!!!COB GETTIN any snow yet?Let me know when it hit's

Old 11-15-1999, 12:33 AM
Trailblazer

No snow yet. In fact it was a sunny 80 degrees today...unusual for here in November. Hopefully winter will arrive soon.

Chris

------------------

Old 11-15-1999, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

I don't understand where the part of the bashing comes in on what kind of atv you buy whether it be foreign made or american??? Are you suppose to stay loyal to american made stuff even though they are made cheap with plastic clutch covers and atv's that don't hold up am I supposed to spend my hard earned money to something they made in America and cut spending so they could make more profit so that I would suffer in my purchase. Take a look at the car companys in the 70's used cheaper products that would not hold up to the japan product cause they skipped adding quality stuff to make more profit this is not my assumption either you can watch any of the classic car shows and this is a self admitted thing by the big 3 which eventually made them bring there product up to standard so wouldn't this work the same in atv's if sales go down in the american product don't you think they will improve if sales go down??? You bet your but they will...I just don't get it for example the EBS on the polaris is going to be an extra charge for 00 why because the polaris buyers are letting them get away with it nothing anybody is going to say is going to convince me that something happened that made polaris charge $400 for an item that was standard in 99 check this out yourself our local polaris dealer let some of the other dealers have his 99 models cause they were selling so hot why??? because their loyal customers thought they were getting a deal if you call this getting a deal then let me sell you some flat land in WV...so what is the big deal with putting someone down who buys foreign to get quality another example is my suzuki grand vitara same exact vehicle as the chevy geo except for the chevy banner and about $3000 dollars and you can't even get a six cylinder in the chevy why didn't I buy chevy well this is obvious and I am a chevy lover too have a 67 chevy corvette coupe sitting in my drive...so keep those cheap shots to yourself about how I am unamerican and all that stuff I buy what my money buys best by doing this when sells go down on the american stuff they improve the quality in turn cutting on their profits to make quality stuff nuf said Artic Cat 500

------------------

Old 11-15-1999, 08:31 PM
Trailblazer

Just a comment or two to correct some information posted above. I have a 00 SP500, I bought in September. It came standard with EBS. I could have bought a "new" 99 SP500 with or without EBS as it was not standard. It might help to get your facts straight before shooting your mouth off.
And, Um excuse me but how many 70's foriegn cars/trucks have you seen running around lately? Their all in the junk yards totally rusted out. I drive a totally restord 79 F150 4x4 Short bed that needed one small patch panel over a rear wheel and I live in the rust belt! And I wouldn't trade it for any new foriegn truck. Don't get me started.

Old 11-15-1999, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

That's weird, a few weeks ago I went with a friend to pick up his brand new '00 Sportsman 500, and it had EBS as well.

Old 11-15-1999, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

A bit of clarification on the EBS issue, It comes standard on the Sportsman 500, It is optional on all others. It does NOT !!! cost $400.00 as an option. There is a credit given for the stock clutch and belt setup when you have the EBS installed and the cost runs about $200.00 for the optional EBS system. I do wish these people would get their facts straight before they post this stuff on here . Thats almost as bad as the guy who got deleted on here claiming that he knew of a Magnum 500 with a broken weld on an Engine mount(an obvious Lie) as any Polaris owner knows there are no welds on a Polaris engine mount to break they are all Bolted directly to the frame.

------------------
Kevin Gowdy aka Kagey 1999 Polaris Magnum 500

Old 11-15-1999, 11:24 PM
Trailblazer

atving,

I don't think you understood the message I was trying to make. If someone is going to take a stab at me for buying an American product, I'm gonna to stab back. Nothing in my posts was aimed at you personally. If my enthusiasm for my country bothers you, oh well....

------------------

Old 11-16-1999, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider

No problem never took it personally just wanted to make a point on some people that rag on others because they buy what is best for their money a good example here in WV is that the non union mines give the union mines heck not realizing that their wages are set by union wages kinda like catch 22...I am as american going as apple pie, baseball and all that other stuff just sometimes people have to realize that by not buying an inferior item makes them improve the item which is the ole american way I just hate to see in some incidences things keep getting built cheaper and cheaper but the price keeps on climbing??? also check the forum under the polaris atv "new scrambler 500" on the issue we were debating on the price increase apparently I am not the only one who views this manner this way.

Artic Cat 500...make mine an automatic

------------------