Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Diesel???

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-1999, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Polaris rules ask,Bill,how can you like Polaris if you have a lawyer on them?Well,I personally think that the Polaris 500CC AWD 4X4 Sportsman has more options that I like than ANY of the other 4x4 quads currently on the market.In my opionion,for my use,no other manufacture has all the bells and whistles that the Sportsman has.Would I buy another?NO WAY.I truly beleive that the NUMEROUS problems that im having with my Sportsman to be very isolated problems.I have heard of NO epidemic of problems with any NEWER Polaris 4x4s except mine.But I have VERY raw feelings of ever buying another Polaris because of the way my problems are being handled by Polaris and the Dealership.I will,in the future,feel like the next 4x4 quad I purchase from another manufacture,wont have all the options I like on a 4x4 like the Sportsman.I have been to three DIFFERANT dealerships for repair.I dont trust any of them,and for good reason.The next closest Polaris Dealer is 50 miles away,and since thats a little to far,I'll take another manufactures 4x4 with lesser options than buy from these idiots from Polaris.Polaris has a very good line of quads.I wont tell you not to buy one,but I'll surly inform you of my problems.GOOD DAY----BILL

------------------

Old 11-21-1999, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well good for you Bill. It sounds as if the Sportsman is too much for you to handle anyway.
BushHog
'99 Sportsman 335- "ready and willing"

Old 11-21-1999, 11:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Too much to handle? From the predicament he was put in, I'd say it was too much for even PepBoys to handle! Last I had heard, Bill was still leaning hard towards getting another sportsman. Don't say that he is anti- Polaris (even though he has more reason to be than anyone!). He figured he could get a good sportsman at least one out of two times, but I guess the back end bendover service he got from Polaris Industries and his dealer changed his mind a little. Are you just getting mad at him in that "Dang it Bill! Don't let them know how bad it really was!" way? Shh.. don't reveal any top secret info that might warrant some info about a possible reliability issue!

------------------
Andy Bassham *(1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4, 1989 Honda 300)*

Old 11-22-1999, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

Got my new ATV MAGAZINE in there they said that the diesel was for european market but was a greater demand than expected in the states so don't think they will fall by wayside soon. COB

Old 04-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Tree Farmer, I agree with you that the diesel is a wonderful machine, especially on fuel. I have a 1999 455 diesel 4x4. Could anyone help me out with a small problem I have with mine. My machine didn't shut off with the key. I replaced the LR58 Cutoff module in the front. It now shuts off with the key but it kills the batteries. Please help.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:19 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Diesel make more torque than a gas engine ever can. You do not see many 3/4 ton pick up trucks pulling fifth wheels trailer with a gas engine in them.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

Wow ..... If we can keep this thread going for another 8 months it will hit the 10 year old mark. Now that is a discussion!

Old 04-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

The Polaris MV800 runs on gasoline, JP-8, or diesel. This is of huge value to the military to have fuel compatibility with all of their other equipment.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

I worked 31 years as a heavy mechanic and I love the sound of them rattling injectors and the smell of diesel being burned in them 16 or so to 1 compression engines.I miss being able to tune them up,setting the racks and testing/adjusting injectors.
Did ya ever wonder why a diesel engine shudders to an immediate stop after ya turn the key off?it is because the compression is so much higher than a gas powered engine.
I do not miss getting up early every morning to get to work.LOL
I`d buy a diesel Polaris if one was available in the area.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boy us Polaris guys sure can revive old threads. This may be a record

Quick Reply: Diesel???