Diesel???

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by popoman
wow pointless. dead thread brought up in april after 10 years and now brought up again for absolutely no reason.
And yet, you respond.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
And yet, you respond.
i felt i needed to step up and end this madness... lol..

plus i needed a reason to use the ban gif... haha

Old 11-19-2009, 10:56 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gas motor have more HP but diesels make more torque.

I think Arctic Cat still makes a diesel ATV.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm glad this old topic has been revived!

I had a chance to ride a new Blue diesel when they came out. It was loud, clacky, and lacked glow plugs. (which I feel is a must in colder climate) It didn't have much get-up-and-go either but that was ok.

It was a very cool concept though. Just a little ahead of it's time I guess. (Just like Oldsmobile producing the FIRST airbag and front-wheel drive car in the 60ies with the Toronado. Now almost EVERY car has fwd and at least FOUR airbags!LOL)

Anyways, I thought long-and-hard about buying the Cat diesel recently. But my "local" dealer is almost 50 miles away! Just too far away!

Hey, if we all had diesel ATV's we could convert to burning used vegetable oil and save on fuel! I see many older Mercedes' in my area converted. It smells like burnt french fries......well kind of. LOL!

A diesel in a side-by-side might make sense for Popo's Ranger imo. Today's diesels are clean-burning and more powerful. The Benze has a diesel in the 300 that takes-off like a V8 Caddy!

Old 01-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

This is great, I started reading this thread and didn't realize it was from the last 1990s...now it's 2010! As a new owner of an AC 700 diesel, personally, I can think of a bunch of reasons why to own a diesel over a gasser. The main one being that I can make my own biodiesel for it.
To the original thread started, to each his own.
Long live the diesel quad!

Old 01-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Originally Posted by JustLuckey
This is great, I started reading this thread and didn't realize it was from the last 1990s...now it's 2010! As a new owner of an AC 700 diesel, personally, I can think of a bunch of reasons why to own a diesel over a gasser. The main one being that I can make my own biodiesel for it.
To the original thread started, to each his own.
Long live the diesel quad!
Now only if they couLd design and make a turbo one, we would have something special!!!!

Old 01-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

I agree, a turbo would have been nice...more power and probably more efficient, but I think I see why they didn't go that route. At an msrp of $9500 and a dry weight of ~825lbs...they probably didn't want it to break the $10k mark and weigh much more.

...although, I'd would have liked to see an aftermarket for them.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

From what I read the Sportman 850 with tax and a few extras are well over the $10K mark! LOL!

A turbo is a great idea to.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

I think this Turbo would work quite sufficiently!
TurboByGarrett.com - Catalog

Old 01-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Mag500
The diesel will last longer and plus some people that work on farms and such don't have gasoline just sitting around.
I'm sorry but I think this is bologna. You don't think farmers or farm hands have a gas can laying around?

Shoot many of the skid loaders, tractors, pressure washers, pickups, etc are gas powered. Lawnmower, water pumps, combines, trucks, wifes car. I cannot imagine a farm without gasoline.

Most farms and farmers believe it or not get to town on a daily (or at the very least weekly) basis, are smart enough, and have enough resourses to put a little gasoline in a can for use as equipment fuel.

If they did not have any or ran out, I bet the first stop is one of the pickups around with a siphoning hose.

I've lived in farm country my whole life. Farmers are very crafty and practical people.

The only way you are going to sell me on diesel on a wheeler is if it's for a turbine engine.

Quick Reply: Diesel???