Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

NASCAR

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-1999, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, if Jack was the president of Polaris Indusrties we would see the best that that company has to offer. Not just in sport ATVs but in ALL of their machines. Polaris must get it into their head that there are a lot of SPORT ATV riders out there. We want something that we don't have to spend a mint on, after buying it, just to get it to go fast. I certainly credit them for bringing out the Scrambler series. This introduced a whole new class of 4x4 machines.How about bringing out another whole new class of machines for the High Performance market. They have the engines already, how about lighter frames!

Take Jack for example, he has AT LEAST $10,000 invested in just the 400SS alone. I have about $7000 invested in mine. This is money that Jack and I gave to aftermarket companies that we would have rather have spent on new machines with all the features that ours have now. No offense to any of the aftermarket companies, there is always room for improvement, but to have to spend $3-6000+ on a non-race machine just to get a machine to do what you want is a little ridiculous.

As far as NASCAR is concerned, I wish they (Polaris) would spend the money in R&D of their products than to paste their logo on Billy Bubba's race car. Frankly, I don't see the attraction of the NASCAR (sport?) at all. Just put enough money into a car and you're sure to win. After all if it was about driving skills they would all drive the same type of car (like IROC). And for that matter, why do they call it stock car racing when the cars aren't stock? Heck, there isn't even any stock parts on the cars. If I want to watch people drive around in fast cars and wreck, I'll watch the "Dukes of Hazzard" on TNN.

YEEEEEHA, Ya'll

------------------
Mike Chero 97 Polaris Sport 400L/ 97 Polaris Trailblazer 250ES

<A HREF="http://users.penn.com/~hal9000/mikeetta.html">MIKE & CELESTE'S ATV PAGE </A>

Old 11-24-1999, 11:39 AM
Trailblazer

I enjoy watching NASCAR.

Old 11-25-1999, 12:48 PM
Range Rover

polaris cant be all wrong or the other quad manufactures whould not be bringing out auto trans, and floorboards on their new quads. also polaris 4 wheel drive is the best. i have 3000 mile on my 400 exp and the only thing than needed to be changed was the plug at 2200 miles. if your closet racers need a racer buy a banshee or a honda 400.

------------------
clem in PA

Old 11-25-1999, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

Motorman,

Polaris obviously is doing a good job by the number of ATV's they sell. However, they could do better with their sport machines. The Scrambler 4x4's are simply awesome in my opinion, I take my Scrambler 500 and go pass Honda 450S's in the mud and then I can go pass Yamaha Warriors on the trails.

The 2wd Sport is a great fast, fun, machine for trail riding. But people who buy a 2-wheel drive 400 2-stroke expect to have the fastest thing on 4 wheels. But Polaris didn't design it to be raced, but a lot of people do want to race it anyway because of it's potential. And unless you want to drag race, you are going to have to spend a lot of money on it to make it competitive. And even if you want to drag race, you have to spend a lot to overcome the weight.

An example is HPD's 400L motor in their Lagers style frame. They have an MX & XC version I think. Anyway, both are incredibly fast and have good handling. I am sure the power has somthing to do with it, but so does the weight and overall layout of the machine.

As far as their utlity machines are concerned, I think their fine. Sure they weigh a ton, but you don't notice it unless you try to push it or pick it up and they perform just as good as the "lightweight" similar sized engined machines.

And for Nascar, even though I didn't buy a Polaris because of an ad on a stock car, or any ad for that matter, it's obviously helping them. We can debate over it all we want, but I am sure if Polaris was losing money over the deal they wouldn't be gobbling up every car they could get.

And we have to look at the markets. Everybody wants a new sport machine from every manufacture, and guess what we get, always new utilities. And why? Because there are always people buying these 4x4's, more than they do the sport machines.

[This message has been edited by quad_man (edited 11-25-1999).]