Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ATVAM and other things

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2001, 03:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't been on here since I got back form ATVAM in Lake Mille Lacs, MN over the 4,5,6 of May. 3 of us went and brought 99, 00 and 01 SP500's. We got in late and missed the bonfire and party, so we found the wood pile and restarted the fire. It was almost perfect riding weather. Cloudy and light rain during the day, it would have been nice if it were 10 degrees warmer, but hey. The sinkhole was fun, it was cool to see people brave enough to try anything and the ones dumb enough to try it repeatedly.
The Ten Bruin trail was the most fun I've had on my 4wlr since I got it. Something like 7 miles and it took over an hour to complete. Steep, rocky, flat, muddy, roots, tight, etc. We rode into McGrath and had a HUGE cheeseburger and beer. By the time we were done riding, I had to take off my goggles because I couldn't see anymore and I did not have one square inch of non muddy clothes to clean them with.

We rode back up to the hotel where the Polaris semi truck was (next to the Artic Crap truck). There was a regional sales manager there from Polaris and we lined up in front of the truck and he took our picture.

I asked him what the next big thing was and how they planned to compete with the Prairie, he said there was a larger engine size coming, it's in testing and that's all that he said. Nothing about a new or different model, etc. Just, yes there is a larger engine coming.

The whole weekend was like a Polaris/Artic Cat rally. I really didn't see other brands in large numbers.

Did anybody else on this list go? Did anything really exciting happen that we missed? Just curious.

Old 05-13-2001, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

In the morning this lady flipped over her Kaw... in the sink hole. It was very funny. I rode all day Sat. and put on almost 100 miles. I dont know how I did it but I most have spent to much time in the red top. All in all I had a blast and the weekend was the best I have had in a long time. I dont know why but for some reason it seemed that there where more Cats then the hondas. Im looking forward to the fall gathering.
Thanks
01' 500 Cat

Old 05-13-2001, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry about the spelling. I rode all day up in Willow River!!! Very tired
Thanks