Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

If your going hunting in Canada and taking a gun and your 4 wheeler think again. Canada does not want you anymore or our money...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2001 | 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

I live on a border town in Canada and I feel for you. If a American brings a gun over here the Canadian Gov. wants them to pay a tax! Imagine that you have to pay a tax on a gun you already own to a country you never even bought the gun at in the first place, it's just a big money grab.

Boycott the place for a while and see if they change there tune.

Old 05-20-2001 | 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

The worst part of this gun law is that you don't just have to register your firearms, you have to do it every 5 years, and the price will keep going up. Its a good way to force honest people to just give up and turn them in. If you have a gun confiscated for any reason, and then are allowed to get it back, first you will have to take a safety course if you haven't already taken it (and it's not cheap). Its really annoying. I don't mind registering my firearms but it should be a one time thing and then leave me alone! I think it should have just been a matter of going to the local cop shop and registering them on their computer. It would have saved millions of dollars. Trust Allen Rock to come up with something as screwed up as this. Don't blame me! I did my part to get rid of the Liberals!

Old 05-20-2001 | 02:45 PM
ox
Pro Rider

Realoldguy;

I have to think that this is just a ploy to keep YOU oot of the country. Yunno, being old and all, you are much more likely to have a heart attack or something while trudging through the bush and hauling oot your daily bag than you were 30 years ago. And with public health care, the queen picks up the tab. See, they just don't want you old fogy stoggies there is all. And YOU screwed it up for the rest of us! LOL!!!!!!!!! Sorry, just couldn't resist. HA!

I will say, I think it was last fall me & bud went to Toronto to the big sled show, and when we crossed at Windsor she asked the usuall AT&F questions. But then asked if we had any firearms to HOME. What the heck doese that have to do with how many chipmunks died in California mudslides in 1937?

As soon as I got home I put my NRA sticker in my FRONT window. Now she doesn't have to ask that dumb question again. But probably will anyhow.

I cross with sleds and 4 wheelers probably half a dozen times a year anymore. Rarely is it a problem. Sometimes you draw a short straw and they check you out a bit. I was there last week and I'm goin' back again.

Tim1;

We didn't get much riding in on Sunday anyhow. The chainsaw and winch ran more than the machines I think. We got 1/3 to 1/2 way through the section we needed to - to get to a bigger trail and then lost the trail. We got to a section where we couldn't tell where the trail ever was to re-clear.

Then when we turned around to go back out, we couldn't hardly tell where we came from. It was strange. Then we took another trail down towards Batchawanna.

We also rode around the Wakomata Lake area. There is some serious rock trails in that area. But actually good riding once you adjust your mindset from what you were expecting to what you got. LOL! Oh yeah! DJ425 missed a photo oportunity of two machines 20 feet from shore in a lake on Tuesday! After aboot 2 hours we were back on our merry way. In the meantime I realized someone had cut a path over to the beaver dam and drove across that instead. Oh well, that doesn't make for as memorible a ride! LOLOLOLOL!

Old 05-21-2001 | 11:18 AM
Trailblazer

This issue presents an interesting problem; what if you live in the lower 48 and are travelling to Alaska to go hunting? Canada is forcing you to register your firearms, which won't even be used in Canada!

Old 05-24-2001 | 02:50 AM
Pro Rider

donovan, don't blame democracy , blame people.Ignorant,brainwashed and naive people are the problem.
US will follow,it is just matter of time.wait till another democrat sits in the WH.
I remember a gun laws discussion here a couple years ago, with Canadian members, many pathetic people.

Old 05-24-2001 | 10:13 AM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

**** on the liberal *******s! Everyone should join the NRA to prevent the liberals from messing with our gun laws.