Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What if?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-1999 | 11:29 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Sportkod is Polaris really making a 500cc twin 2 stroke? What did your dealer say about it? Does anybody else know about it?

And RangerSX if Polaris really makes this quad Honda isnt gonna have a chance angainst it or anybody else.I'm not trying to start a fight its just a fact that a 4 stroke can't put out the power of a 2 stroke.

Trailblazer96

Old 12-09-1999 | 11:34 PM
Trailblazer

Damn...I wished i was a Rocket Scientest!

Ha

Keep it coming Ranger,

A word to the Wise:
" A scientest will tell you that there are gillions of stars in the sky and you'll believe him, BUT, If joe shmoe tells you that $hit stinks, you would have to stick you nose in it before you'd believe him!"

Think about it!

Have a nice day!

Oh by the way, I live in NC which is the second leading state in quad retail sales in america behind texas. i was at the atv expo in charlotte and if I remember correctly, it was stated that polaris outsold honda by 2% last year? Correct me please, if I am wrong.

Ride Red.....Scrambler Red!!!!!!!!

EC

Old 12-09-1999 | 11:44 PM
Trailblazer

RangerSX I saw you topic on the Honda section and you say you don't want any Polaris guys to answer.Well then what are you doing here? I think you should stay out of the Polaris section.Why dont you grow up and get a life?

Polaris soon to be #1 in sales!

Trailblazer96

Old 12-10-1999 | 12:08 AM
Trailblazer

*ATTENTION PROUD POLARIS RIDERS*

Who the hell are these people? They come to our forum and tell us Honda is #1? We all know damn well that Polaris makes one hell of a four wheeler, but we don't go to other forums screaming it..

Honda riders a little insecure?

me thinks so.

Old 12-10-1999 | 12:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey stocker- you must not like the Yamies that much. One point though, this so called copycat was the first one to stick a shaft drive in a three wheeler, thus leading to the shaft driven 4-wheelers that came out a little later. You have to give them credit for that. Polaris only figured that one out a year or so ago.

------------------
Andy Bassham *(1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4, 1989 Honda 300)*

Old 12-10-1999 | 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

Eric, that would be an odessy. Suzuki invented quads. Honda invented 3-wheeled atv's. And speaking to the original post, it wouldn't suprise me one bit if Polaris sat back and watched Bombardier, Honda, and Yamaha fight it out in the sport quad market. Just look at the snowmobile market which Polaris dominated from around 82' to 94'. They had an advantage, and sat back until every other manufacturer passed them in both technology and performance. Don't believe me, look at the race results for the last 5yrs. Also I don't see Honda loseing its #1 spot in atv's, but Ski-Doo will be #1 in sled sales. Count on it. Later Bob.

[This message has been edited by Bob4x4 (edited 12-10-1999).]

Old 12-10-1999 | 05:17 PM
Range Rover

Yamaha, cheap, copycats, old ideas, no improvements?
You guys are killing me. A fully automatic 600cc quad with a 12v power outlet. Old idea, a copy, not an improvement?, come on. Yamaha is constantly bringing up the field. Have you seen the new Kodiak. Yamaha has no less than four utility quads in the 400cc class.
Honda, these idiots put out an electric shifting quad, only one problem. Once you go into fifth gear, you have to shut the quad down to back into first. What a conveniant, innovated improvement.Suzuki, it's the nineties, get out of the eighties. Kawasaki, enough said there. Bombardier, one quad to choose from, heaviest and most expensive.
I'll take Yamaha any day.

SportKod
99 Polaris Sport
00 Yamaha Kodiak

Old 12-11-1999 | 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

Trailblazer96-What makes an ATV move? Is it just fully left up to the motor? Does it matter that it is a 2 stroke? If Polaris comes out with this new sport quad, I am thinking they will need to improve their POWER TRANSFER to the back wheels. The snowmobile type clucth that is on the Polaris is one of the worst power transfer setup out there. The Yamaha or Honda's transfer is much better when it comes to the banshee or 400EX. I beleive that a 400EX will give this new sport quad a run for it's money. Oh and one more thing, I didnt see anybody telling me not to post here! I cant stop you from posting in my topic, so dont complain, go ahead and post. thanks for your time.

SportKod-FYI Bombardier has two quads, The TRAXTER and DS650!

the road dogg- oooohhhh-2%! Look, just cuz in NC polaris is selling more quads than honda by 2% does not mean they are selling more nation wide, or world wide. that is to small of a number to even compare the whole picture to.

---------------------
Ranger
86 200SX
96 300EX with 500R powerplant