Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Just installed my RCR Low End Kit..

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2000 | 09:02 PM
|
Pro Rider

I got my RCR kit tonight, took me about 60 minutes to put it on. Pretty simple Process, i was a little worried about the PVT but, that was the fastest thing to do!

I got everything on. It was dark, i don't have any plastic on, or a seat, but damn..i wanted to try it!

I got on, started it up, the pipe has a great sound!

Took of out of the driveway barely hanging on!

I got on a paved road, stood up, nailed it yanked on the handles bars the front end popped up with no trouble at all!

The acceleration has to be at least doubled, Low end is just fantastic, and i've seemed to gain some more top-end.

After riding it, all i can say is DAMN!

It now seems to have the power of the 400L that i test rode!

If you are looking for performance mods for your Trailblazer. I highly recommend RCRs kit. It is the BEST $310 you will ever spend!

Old 01-13-2000 | 12:52 AM
Trailblazer

That sounds awesome! I gotta get one of those. I'll talk to you about it tomorrow on AOLIM.

Old 01-13-2000 | 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

I'm glad to hear someone that is using the exact kit I want.Does the kit only change the spring in the drive clutch?And how much louder is it?

Old 01-13-2000 | 02:13 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

How long did the kit tke to install?

Old 01-13-2000 | 03:49 PM
Range Rover

Weedy, he said that the kit took about an hour to install

Old 01-13-2000 | 04:52 PM
|
Pro Rider

It is a bit louder, but it sounds great!

I replaced the Primary Clutch Spring with a Green one. I am looking for recommendations for a Secondary, And just were is the Secondary? In the Driver unit? Or the Driven?

Installing it took an hour, and was VERY simple.

I still haven't totally got to try it, since i am missing a few key parts, plastic, and seat. But, did take it up a dirt road, and went a couple hills that are pretty steep. Before I noticed it would get in about the middle of the hill and start to bog, now it pulls up all the way up and seems to be gaining some speed.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to post them or e-mail me.

------------------
Aaron

1997 TrailBlazer: RCR Lowend kit, Red Plastic, ITP Aluminum Wheels, Holeshots and HSP Handle Bars

[This message has been edited by 97TrailBlazer (edited 01-13-2000).]

Old 01-13-2000 | 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

97trailblazer,
I've got the Hotseat white secondary spring in mine. They claim it helps keep the PVT running cooler. I runs just fine though.
The DRIVEN is right beside the drive.
You need to remove the belt and the bolt that holds the secondary on. Pull that whole wheel assembly out. Inside is where the spring is and you need a good pair of snap-ring plyers and somebody or something to compress the HELIX down. The spring is under SOME TENSION. Make sure you follow the manufacturers instructions as to which holes to install your new spring into. Line up the boss spline and push the helix down until it engages the splines, about a 1/2". Now the hard part. While holding downward pressure on the helix, WIND the moveable sheave COUNTERCLOCKWISE approx. 1/3 turn. Install snapring. Reinstall all parts.

[This message has been edited by talonhawk (edited 01-13-2000).]

Old 01-13-2000 | 07:03 PM
|
Pro Rider

Thanks Talon Hawk.

How do you like the white spring? Is there a better one out there?

Thanks

Old 01-13-2000 | 07:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

you do not need to change your secondary spring.get an Aaen roller secondary clutch kit,a great improovement

Old 01-13-2000 | 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

I think the white is okay but comparing it to what? I know they have different colors. The white is what came with my kit.
Check into the roller clutch.

Quick Reply: Just installed my RCR Low End Kit..