Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Brought home the Scrambler X Yesturday!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2001, 08:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, to answer all your questions:

Yes it looks like its a different sproket, a.k.a. different gearing, haven't checked the teeth yet tho... oh, and ox, i didn't mean until about 40, i meant totally beating the EX. from the tbottom of the powerband to the top, am i comparing it to the 335? that was just a stupid question... but since you asked, the belt isn't even broke in or anything, and i wheelie away form my boss every time.

Also, for people who want to know more, here you go...

The X has progressive rear suspension. it also has an even more modifed engine then normal Scramblers... they took the H.O. and modded it. It has been lightenned up to high-erformance status, still not quite like an EX's weight, but more along the DS650's lines.

The Transmission Case is a new one alright. it has a new type of snorkel on it too, supposed to be totally waterproof. The plastic is metallic Black. they retail at around $5600 but we found ours for like $5250. just gotta shop around.

For anyone who i just made want one, i'm sorry. Its something i have been trying to get forever, a high performance polaris... finally! and i wish there were enough to go around, but polaris only made like 1000. Hopefully, after seeing all the positive feedback this thing generated, they may decide to replace the normal scram 500s with them. HOPE!!!

oh, and whoever was trying to compare the Sport 400 to my Scrambler X... don't. The Sport 400's were fast, but they were not like this thing, also i doubt they'll make any 2 stroke version due the ban... saddly. oh well, anymore questions, just let me know. later.

~325boss

Old 07-17-2001, 09:58 PM
Range Rover

325boss,

I'm glad to hear you like it. Now if only Polaris would "like" it. As it is there is NOinformation on the Scrambler X on their web site. You'd think they would be just a little proud of it, wouldn't you? Oh well.

If you want to compare a stock Sport 400 to a stock Scrambler X, I'll give it to the Scrambler X.

BUT, as far as stock performance goes, I'm glad you're happy with it. Because that's about all you will get from it. Sadly, the 500 motor seems not to respond to mods like it's 400 cousins. The 400s can produce around 75 horsepower at the crank and at least 50+ at the rear wheels. Mind you, these aren't hand grenade motors either. Even slightly less modified versions (like mine) will get you going so fast your eyes will water. I didn't go the whole nine yards with mine for a reason. That is because I really don't need that much power where I ride (wooded trails). Frankly, my 400 gets going quite fast enough for me. To give you an idea about what all that horsepower means in the real world, imagine riding along at about 30 mph. Now crack the throttle open and watch the front end come up. This is useful when clearing logs, small ditches, or puddles. A modified 400 revs so fast it's scary.

Now, if you ever get the hankerin' for less wheelies and more forward momentum, get yourself a swingarm from Aaen. 1 1/2 to 2" longer should do it, any longer and you risk getting too much wheel spin. While you're there, check out their (Aaen's) roller clutches. They make the transmission respond like a gear driven machine. For example, hit the throttle and pop a wheelie. ride it a ways and then let off the throttle so the front wheels will come down. Now give it full throttle again and watch the front end come up. That is the instant back shifting that you'll only get on a machine that has been modified with a roller clutch.

Old 07-18-2001, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

lol blister i bet u feel like a dumbass now don't you!? ha ha your so funny to read cuz u like to talk like you know everything and you don't.. i've read more than just this post so i know what i'm talking abotu when i'm saying this to you. and you think your little blaster is so bad ***. i bet u think you can beat a scrambler X don't u? cuz i mean you have a 2 stroke and the X is a fourstroke right? ahhahaha you crack me up.