Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Well, the time has come....

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2001, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys,

The time has come to sell my Polaris (1998 Sport 400). I love the quad, and it has never given me a single problem at all, but it's time for something a little lighter for the type of riding that I plan on getting into (recreational MX). Although I'd love to build her up with every bolt on part I can get my hands on, it just isn't practical, and I really don't have the cash. I'm going to get something that I can start with right out of the crate, and then go from there.

Man, I wish that I could keep it...I really do, but I can't have two quads sitting in my parents garage that I can only ride on the weekends (I live quite a ways away from them, in the "city&quot. However, I can honestly not say one bad thing about the quad, other than the weight issue. Despite what everyone says (I used to as well), Polaris builds a unique and great quad.

I'm just wondering what you guys thinks a fair price for it would be?

It's got a full RcR Stage 1 Kit on it with the mid-range pipe, and it also has a 42mm Mikuni Carb straight from Hot Seat Performance which I just bolted on a few weeks ago. Like I said, it runs great and I have NEVER had a problem with it. It's also in very good shape. You can see pics at my website below.

Anyway, I was thinking somewhere along the lines of $2500obo for it without the mods, and $2800obo for it with the mods and the stock parts as well. What do you guys think?

Plans may change once I think about it a little more, but if somebody were to walk up to me and offer me somewhere around the above prices, I would take it.

I hope that I won't regret it. It's very hard to sell a quad that you know runs great, and you know that you really enjoy riding. Like I said, I wish I could keep it and have another quad as well.

Thanks for any and all input.

-Josh

Old 07-19-2001, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

I think you are making a good choice Josh. Lighter with better handling is the way to go...unless you decide to buy mine! hehehe...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Used 2001 Raptors are going for under 5000$ bucks up here! Not bad.

Good luck and we hope to see you for a ride soon!

Old 07-19-2001, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the support. As I told you before, my head is still spinning from all the thoughts going through my mind. Man, if I could get my hands on your Scram, it would really be great. Unless you take I.O.U.'s I don't think it can happen for a while...lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . But really, I don't know what I would do with all of that power. Well, the first thing I would do is go wipe the floor with my buddy on his Banshee, but then I wouldn't have any need for it...hehe. The trails that we ride on around here call more for "light and swift", rather than "big and beefy". That's why I'm selling mine. A Raptor would suit my needs best, maybe they will still have some up there once I get a little extra cash saved up.

Thanks again!

-Josh