Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

List your Polaris broken parts here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2001, 03:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In 2 years of being a weekend warrior the only wear items that have had to be replaced are the brake pads and chain, Other than that just synthetic grease and polaris synthetic 2 stroke oil religously[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2001, 08:16 AM
Pro Rider

What are you guys whining about? I have a 96 300 Express 2 wheel drive. Here is everything thet I have Invoices for:
- F.sprocket = 4 (finally replaced with the next bigger size)
- R.sprocket = 3
- Chain = 3 (first 2 were polaris,third was EK sport(much better))
- Belt = 5 (first 3 were polaris, last 2 are Dayco(last longer))
-O. tie rods = 4 (first 3 sets were polaris, last time I adapted to car tie rods(much better))
- I. tie rods = 2 (need replaced again)
- Wheel bearings = 4 (first 3 were polaris, last time I adapted to tapered roller bearings(much better,plus I can tighten as the were))
- shift linkage = 1
- brake disc = 1 (both sides)
- ball joints = 1 (both sides)
- carb intake adapter = 1
- F. brakes = 3
- R. brakes = 1
- axle bearings = 1

All this and not to mention that I have re-ringed it one year and the next year I rebuilt it. Rebuilt the front and rear clutches. Upgraded my battery too a $80 sealed battery. Four new tires. Two new front wheels. I too had a front caliper sticking and it ground itself away on the rotor. I had to weld it back up and grind it back into shape.
I have only owned this quad for about two years. All this started the day after I got it. I must honestly say though that even though I have spent more money in repairs than I did when I bought it, I love my polaris. This thing is starting to really kick some a$$. It will atleast run with a 500 HO. I'm still not done with it yet. Already ordered some clutch mod. pieces and plan on getting an Aaen pipe for it by next spring.

Old 08-26-2001, 10:53 AM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]Wow I hope this not what I'm in for, owning my new 2001 Sportsman so far (about 3 months & 400 Km) I've had no problems, there are a couple of weird noises in it though. I had a Yamaha Big Bear 350 4x4 for two years and till the day I traded it in I hadn't done even 1 repair, the machine was worked and played very hard and maintanance was all but forgotten! Bought a new 2001 450 Foreman had it 3 months wasn't worth the hassel of getting all it's problems fixed so I traded it on the Sportsman.

Old 08-26-2001, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

01 SP= Belt,Belt,Belt,Belt,Belt????

97 magnum= NOTHING,God I Love that bike[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2001, 12:00 PM
Trailblazer

2000 Xpedition. Front CV shaft is the only thing that has broke so far. I did replace the front springs, because they were sagging badly.

Old 08-26-2001, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Two 99 cent washers to fix the clutch creep on the 01HO.

My buddy on his 99SP500.
Ring & pinion gear in the tranny case. He dragged a car(flat tires) in reverse spinning all 4 tires. Three miles later after hopping a 18" log the gear let go. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It cost him $500 to get it rebuilt by the dealer the first time. The second time was free as the dealer cracked the main case at the pinch bolts for the front output shaft. The new case has been upgraded in this spot by polaris with a thicker casting.

If they are abused they will break. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2001, 12:36 PM
Trailblazer

2000 Sportsman 500. tore a CV boot last year cost me 50 dollars to fix other than that nothing. Not one single repair. I have 2500 miles on it, we ride it pretty hard. I ride double allot and we love mud. I am the only one who has had to replace anthing on there machine, of the people I ride with. A 1996 Xpress 400, a 1996 Xpress 300, and a 1999 Xplorer 400. We can all report 2500 -5500 miles on the odometer of trouble free riding with only my CV boot needing to be replaced. And if you saw the skidder trail I tried to go up you would wonder how I only tore up a CV boot. Had mine in for a good servicing , replaced all filters and fluids, came out with a clean bill of health all looks good. Not saying that you guys are not having troubles but Just want to report there are several of us that have no troubles. But one thing I can say is that all our machines are stock, totally stock, no aftermarket pipes, tires or anything like that. any one I have talked to that has run larger heavier mud tires have had to replace parts, they went back to stock and no more troubles.

Old 08-26-2001, 01:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

96 Xplorer (2500 miles)
1. Front struts and springs
2. Cooling fan
3. 1 belt
4. rear clutch buttons
5. just replaced original tie rod ends
6. tires
I have no complaints about my Xplorer at all. The guys I ride with cant stand the fact that they have to work so hard to keep up. This machine is in my opinion the best all around quad you can buy.

Old 08-26-2001, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider

2000 Scrambler 400 2X4
1 Stock piston: After a pipe, reeds, reed cage spacer, airbox mods, K & N air filter & Outerware.
Lesson learned: When modding out a 400 engine, pre-mix oil with the fuel in addition to the oil injection system, or trashcan the system and pre-mix ALL the fuel.
1 Lower steering stem bushing: I knew it was a bad design before I bought the quad and knew that it would have to be replaced.
1 Wiseco Piston: 39 PWK's need the richest needle available ( EEG )or you make holes in the crown of the piston. I take the blame for that one.

Old 08-26-2001, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

I refuse to type all the items I replaced on my 425 Xpedition, Im afraid I would get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome!

I now own a 2002 Yamaha Grizzly, we'll see how it holds up.

Quick Reply: List your Polaris broken parts here!