Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

List your Polaris broken parts here!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 06:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default List your Polaris broken parts here!

Santa (Rincon) I was wondering when your 2 cents were coming.LOL. What's really bad is everytime I hear a Honda Rincon commercial now, I see that little mad red face in my head.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Bubba

Old 10-24-2002, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm back to list more broken parts as of last weekend out riding. I haven't ridden my pullaris for 5 months and decided to take it out and putt around on the trails. I now remember why i haven't ridden it at all. I broke my counter shaft right off of my tranny. It didn't even snap the chain. It is a nice clean break that is even with the outside of the tranny. I made sure the chain was adjusted properly before riding. When it broke the chain kept going around and put a nice sized gash in the side of my tranny. Looks like another tranny case. The bike has about 85 hours on it now and this is the second tranny I will be replacing. When I first got my polaris I thought it was the greatest bike. After fixing it every ride, I will never buy one again. I like the features but once you modify them, they are junk. I'd like to sell the thing but I have a whole drawer filled with receipts of everything I have replaced and it's hard to cut my losses. My friends tell me it's not a piece of junk but they aren't the ones fixing it every time. I've got 3 hondas that are all 14-17 years old and rarely break down. I've got a yamaha that doesn't break. I'm not any harder on the polaris than the other bikes. I'm not saying that I dislike polaris. I just really hate mine.

Old 10-24-2002, 09:10 PM
Trailblazer

OK, Bubba, tell me EXACLTY how to change range on my Scrambler. Last time I checked it has 1 (one) forward gear, Neutral, and 1(one) reverse gear. So, maybe you need to brush up on EXACTLY what a Scrambler is. I am no more than a once a month weekend warrior and my machine gets the mainenance it needs. On the other hand, most of the time I ride, my dad is with me (and 2 or more hondas, but I won't even go there) and his KAWASAKI is pretty much bullet proof, AND it too is an automatic. I have sat quietly in the shadows for a long time and my policy has always been not to trash anyones ride, even my own. The fact is, that it gets old when things fail way before they should. I will even go as far to admit that I think I bent my propshaft when I was in a pulling contest. . .BUT, why didn't the propshaft on my Dad's prairie bend? Maybe it was bent before that. Look at some of the other manufacturer forums. Yes there are reoccuring problems, but in my opinion, nowhere NEAR as bad as Polaris.

Old 10-24-2002, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

i can't beleive this guys!!!,will all the mods i have on my scram if all the parts like that started to breaks,might have to sell out my house/garage and truck...and wife,lol!

i seriously hope polaris read this whole thread,and check this out.

Old 10-24-2002, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

One piston,my fault,and one rear shock for Sport 400l.

Old 10-24-2002, 11:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Fearsys, please forgive me as I had the sportsman in mind instead of the scrambler.And I kind of got on a rant earlier today. I am sorry if I offended anyone. Still that is way too many belts and other parts to need replacing that much. I ride my race mod wheeler (70+HP) every weekend and it doesnt get tooled around. It doesnt move until 4200rpm's and turns 7500rpms on top. That is alot of moving from the clutches back to the back tires. It is a 99 model and still has the factory clutches and chain. I changed the gearing just to go faster and still have the originals. I RIDE IT HARD!!!! You have too many different areas to blame one thing on. As I said before, some of you guys must be using them like tanks, or a 4x4 might be a beast of a different nature. All I have are (3) 4x2 models.Bubba

Old 10-24-2002, 11:39 PM
Range Rover

Old 10-25-2002, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

Bubba297, i couldn't resist giving my $0.20 on this one.

CHRISTMAS is coming! Wet snow is in the forecast for tomorrow!

Here comes Santa Clause, Here comes Santa Clause, Here comes Santa Clause, right down Santa Clause lane......................................

Old 10-25-2002, 02:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho, LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2002, 03:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

So far I have only replaced one CV boot and the right floorboard due to my attack on a tree and losing. I have a 2001 sp HO and love that machine. My buddy has a 2000 magnum and has only replaced the lower steering bushing and the front and rear racks thanks to his son. I grew up on Honda's so I was hesitant on purchasing the Sportsman but the features, style, ride, and price swayed me. That and at the time Honda headquarters told me that "They did not need to build a 4 wheel independent suspension bike with 4 wheel drive on- demand, We sell enough bikes to not worry about the competitions." Well I guess they were wrong eh guys? Hmmm Rincon? Too late for them, I am impressed with this machine and have plans to buy another for the wife and two 90's for the kids!

Rob
01 Sportsman H.O.
Stock w/2000# winch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: List your Polaris broken parts here!