Old 08-29-2001 | 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

Amen Thor, Amen.

Old 08-29-2001 | 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

Thor...Absolutely Excellent post.

Old 08-29-2001 | 10:58 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah and polaris still makes %*$(& quads,out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2001 | 08:23 AM
Range Rover

Sportsman 500 camo.Do us all a favor will ya.Trade your quad for another brand and change forum's OK.I'm getting real tired of your bitching,which is the only thing you do on hear.OUT.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2001 | 07:36 PM
Trailblazer

SteveXplor, yous needs to learns how 2 spell man.HA!You HEAR!No really I can post what I want to,so I got a P.O.S. Polaris I am pissed,if just one guy buys a Kawi 650,or a Yami,rather than a polari my life will be complete.There is no greater pleasure than to steer a prospective Victim onto the clear path of atv bliss,by making an educated well thought out purchase,and not going over to the darkside.(polaris)So my fellow atv'er lets unite and rise up against this absolute de-rassleficative coenjustice of eppicupical proportions.

Old 09-01-2001 | 05:33 AM
Pro Rider

Lets all just be glad that there are all these new models to compare. Its good that we don't all like the same things. Think how boring it would be if we all drove the same cars! ATV's are no different. The perfect one will never be made.

Old 09-01-2001 | 03:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok, fourlix - lets talk. All you other engine "experts", you can listen too. Lets say you have an "outdated" Polaris pushrod 700, at, say, 44 hp AND a zoomy 5 valve Yammy at , say, 44 hp. Exactly why is the Yammy better? Can you FEEL all those valves? Maybe more valves make a different kind of horsepower. Oh yeah, while you're at it, why not explain to me how putting an overhead cam on an engine instantly gives it huge power gains. Its OK to use engineering terms - I have a dictionary. While you're doing that, I'll send an email to Hendrick Motorsports encouraging them to give Jeff Gordon more valves - he only has 750 hp to run with. Ok, enough of that.

All you guys out there should be drooling!! What you've got to work with here is 1/4 of a small block Chevy!! Geez, you can get a 350 from 250 hp tp 500 hp with catalog parts. Think about it- new Crane cam for sp700 - adds 7hp!! How about milling the head to the moon to get awesome compression - just buy shorter pushrods from your Jeg's catalog - no chains to screw with. God, that sounds like fun. C'mon guys, we have a chance to have a ball here!! Yee Haw! Ya gotta love American horesepower!!!

Old 09-01-2001 | 03:36 PM
Trailblazer

complain about weight, that is all you people do. Let me explain something to you. This is a 780 sled motor that has been sleeved to 683 cc, meaning it can be easily made into a 780. The carb and exhaust are VERY restrictive, you can replace both. Therefore giving it more in the range of 60 horsepower PLUS and making it the fastest stock bike on the market in my opinion.

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING COMPLAINTS FROM PEOPLE THAT HAVE NOT EVEN RIDDEN ONE YET. IF YOU HAVE NOT RIDDEN ONE OR RIDDEN WITH ONE OR EVEN SEEN ONE THAN SHUTUP.

PS: I would rather have drivetrain strength under my @$$ than lightweight. Those of you that complain on and on and on about weight need to go buy a 400ex and go to the Honda forum and quit complaining.

Old 09-01-2001 | 04:45 PM
Range Rover

Also, all that weight makes the Sportsman ride very smooth. That is why all of these new IRS atv's coming out still don't ride as nice as the Sportsman. They don't have enough weight!

Old 09-01-2001 | 07:29 PM
Range Rover

Extrememudman,

I hate to rain on your parade, but how do you "de-sleeve" a NiCaSil motor? The motor has an aluminum bore that is coated with NIckle, CAdmium and SILver. It is very durable buy you can't "resleeve" it. The motor in the sled was a 680 to begin with.

Quick Reply: First ride on sp700, VERY!!!!