Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2003 Honda FourTrax Rincon

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2001, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its about time Honda stepped up and offered some new(for Honda) ideas.
Now who will be the first to tear off the super low front mudflaps. They look to be about 6" below the floorboards. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2001, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

Hopefully me. It looks and sounds sweet. With all the features on the new Sport/Utes, how can you say one is better than the other. I love em all! Perhaps they could have made the most sophisticated ATV a little more sophisticated by adding a differential lock. (Already mentioned)

Old 09-21-2001, 12:03 AM
wyd
Range Rover

That tranny is pretty cool. Now most dealers can't fix stuff right now so let them try to fix that tranny on the new Rincon. I wouldn't want that bill. Still has front drum brakes but at least they put a disk on the back. Man they do all that work on their tranny but can't give a customer full disk brakes. I would love to see them sell CBR 929's with that type of brakes on it or Ricky Carmicheal ride his new CR250 with drums at the 1st SuperCross race.

Old 09-21-2001, 02:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm glad they made this and all, but damn! Why do they not realize that you have to add more features to compete.

Hell, they dropped the ball with the Rubicon when they made it by keeping the freaking drums and not giving it 2wd. Now they go IRS which is a big step. They pop in a 650 which levels the playing field, they get 2wd on there so that is taken care of. THEN- Honda keeps the damn drums up front and doesn't give it a differential lock. Why not??? Their competition is this- Quest 650, Grizzly 660, Prairie 650, and SP700. The Quest has a Visco Lock(better than any limited slip easily), Polaris has both pulling everywhere but downhill, and the other two have differential lockers. If you are going to build a new quad, why not give it the features that your competition has.

I like it. There isn't anything to knock really. I just don't see why they didn't make it comparable in all aspects. They already have a great transmission that outdoes the others. Now why not add in the discs and a locker and make the perfect quad? I think it was just a stupid idea. Would it have been that hard? I'm sorry. I think its a great looking quad, but I don't see anything that would make me buy this over the Grizzly I have if both were available now and I was looking. It would be nice to have the reliablity and strength of a honda engine with IRS to boot, but I feel the need for a locking differential and disc brakes a little too much.

Old 09-21-2001, 03:19 PM
Trailblazer

I have never been one to really think that looks are that important on a 4x4 recreation machine but MY GOD! What has Honda done? I always thought that Honda Foremans were a tough looking machine, the Ruby I was mixed but wow, I am at a loss for words for the ugliness of this machine.

Old 09-21-2001, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

Personally I think it looks a lot better than any of the SP's, and Grizzly's. If I was to switch to a Utility Quad I would pick the Honda (if I were basing it on looks alone).

That's all that I have to add.

-Josh

Old 09-21-2001, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

A local dealer says the Rep says Honda is trying to keep the price under $8500. That's why there is no locker and front disks. The tranny is not like the Rubicon. It is an auto shifter 3 speed, it will have shift points just like a car.

Old 09-21-2001, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

I think it looks sweet. When I'm in the market for a new utility quad, it will definately goet a closer look. I would not even consider the SP700, due to the weight.

Old 09-21-2001, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider

WHAT??? Did you mis-type Quadfather? Consider a Honda! I haven't seen any pigs fly.

Anyone care to answer my question on why disc brakes are such a big deal?
Ease of Maintence in the only reason I can think of But if you repair your own quad it really shouln't be any problem.

Old 09-21-2001, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

looks nice dont it!!

Quick Reply: 2003 Honda FourTrax Rincon