Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Klotz Oil Users

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2001, 03:26 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Below is a copy of the response I received back from Klotz on the use of their Super Techniplate oil in our low revving Polaris two-stroke engines. I was getting gummy buildup on my rings, carbon on piston and exhaust port. After speaking with other riders using this product; I found similiar results.

Eric,
I am glad you emailed me. The Super Techniplate is the wrong product for your application. It is very important to understand the reason . Like the 927 you spoke of in your email our Super Techniplate has castor in it. Castor requires high revs to be used in a racing application only. It just so happens you are using it in a model with a very low rpm any castor product like Super Techniplate or Racing product like the R50 techniplate require at least 10,000rpm and in most cases over 15,000 to unlimited rpm. Super Techniplate is made from a castor and a Synthetic Blend. Our Castor is pressed Twice to help Degumm it .Our Synthetic helps keep the product clean also. You should be using our Motorcycle Techniplate TCW3 Part #KL300.
I would appreciate the name of the dealer that you spoke of in your letter. I would like to help him or her understand our products better.
Please help me get the word out
If I can help you in any way let me know.
Thank you ,
David McCullough
Technical Sales
Klotz Special Formula Products
800-242-0489
www.klotzlube.com

Old 10-03-2001, 03:48 PM
Range Rover

I use R50 in my Quadzilla. Even with alot of modifications, the Quadzilla is not a high reving machine. Yet I have had absolutely no problems with build-up of any kind. The piston is always very clean and the exhaust valve does not stick.

I'm sure the representative at Klotz knows what he is talking about. However, those that are not experiencing any problems shouldn't be overly concerned about changing oils. The LT500R is definately a higher performance quad than any Polaris and, in most cases, is probably driven much harder. That may be a large factor in the different experiences we have had with this product.

I (and surely others) appreciate your passing along of this information. It is always interesting to here what the technical experts have to say. The product packaging usually doesn't like to point out any weaknesses so conversing with the experts is the only option.

Old 10-03-2001, 04:05 PM
Trailblazer

i run klotz R-50 in my modified scrambler 400,add some energy release metal conditioner and the performance gains is awsome...
nerver had problem yet,but you must pre-mix to 50-1 or more cauze this oil is fat to burn out.

Old 10-03-2001, 04:09 PM
Range Rover

bTodd;
Be careful there... A Quadzilla is higher performance than any STOCK Polaris. Check out the link under my signature. I'm glad that you've had good luck with Klotz. The rep asked me to pass the info along to other riders. Later!

Old 10-03-2001, 04:11 PM
Range Rover

I run Energy Release in my tranny and counter balancer. How do you run it in a two-stroke engine? Thanks!

Old 10-03-2001, 04:46 PM
Range Rover

Obviously, when atv models are generaly compared, they have to be similarly modified (if at all). I'm sure if I looked long and hard enough, I could find a Blaster that could kick my azz. That doesn't mean I would then start to consider Blasters to be at the same performance level as the big LT (or even the small one for that matter). Any Polaris's out there that are as fast or faster than my quad are not going to be as trail friendly and therefore shouldn't be categorized the same. I am not bashing any brands; just clarifying my previous statement.

Old 10-03-2001, 05:02 PM
Range Rover

bTodd;
I was just joking with you. My bike is definately not trail friendly. It's for drag racing only. By the way; there's a guy at Glamis that I seem to race every year. He has a full Trinity modded Quadzilla with no radiator plastic cover. I beat him every year. We remain friends and stop and say "hello!" often. Truth be known; I always wanted the big LT in a '90 vintage.

Old 10-03-2001, 05:34 PM
Trailblazer

o k,i'll keep an eye on the klotz gumming stuff,yes you can run ER metal conditioner by mixing it in the gas,add 2-3 oz(see the back of the bottle for proper ratio) in 5 gallon and you'll see a torque GAINS for sure,crisper throttle response,better engine performance...
this product can be used in engine oil,chaincase oil,bearings,...
the product performs a chemical reaction with the metal during heating
wich bonds the metal particles together filling in microscopic pores in cylinder walls,pistons,bearings and any other metal,the result is cooler running engine,more uniform and smooth cylinders and heads,and reduced friction for longer lasting parts and most of all,more horsepower.this products is a very good performance upgrade when properly used...

Old 10-04-2001, 01:18 AM
Trailblazer

I have ran Klotz in both of my quads for over a year and never had a problem. A bone stock Trailblazer and Scrambler, through the injector assembly. There are several type of Klotz, but what I look for are the bottles that say injection safe on them. Still, no problems, ever.
PD

Old 10-04-2001, 01:28 AM
Range Rover

My post doesn't apply to basic injector oil. Only oils with castor in them. You won't know you have a problem until you tear them down and check the cylinder and piston. This post in no way is meant to deter the usage of Klotz. The post is meant to aim people towards the correct Klotz product. Not everyone has suffered problems as I and others have.