Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sp700,Griz660,Kawi650,Quest650 and the winner

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 11:41 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

highflinlakotasport2, I hate to burst your bubble........the 700 is kicking everything in the mud...... and the sand races as well.........heck the only thing second to the polaris is the 500 HO.........the article was unbiased and the 700 kicked everyone's butt.........now sell your quad and go buy a 700.............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2001, 11:46 PM
Range Rover

jeept18, until you ride a 700,(I have ridden a Prairie)I wouldnt shout that challenge too loud. I liked the prairie but I like the 700 better. That's why I bought one. It handles better than the Kawi. Let's face it your loyal to your brand.......cool......it's a great quad, but so is the 700..............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-20-2001, 12:53 AM
Trailblazer

ok guys i have 2 2000 explorer 4oo 2 strokes. i am a huge polaris fan. one explorer has hpd full mod 60 hp engine kit with dyno port pipe, aaen ohlins race suspension and omf race wheels. tis unit will go 70 on the radar gun. i also will say the stock explorer is the fastest 4x4 ever. no jap bike could ever compare in ability or speed. until the new kawasaki 650 came out. we have raced the kawi against the new grizzley and also new 700 polaris which both are the best yet for both companies. but the kawi is more sport like than all others and they run 66 mph on the radar gun. we also raced the kawi against a 2001 400 ex honda on an all out drag on the street . the kawi whips the honda everytime by 10 bikes. i also invite any that loves to ride hard to come to memphis tn.

Old 11-20-2001, 01:02 AM
Range Rover

what?

Old 11-20-2001, 01:04 AM
Trailblazer

guys the kawi is the fastest/ quickest/ most nimble trail burner , the 660 is second and the 700 is the best mud machine

2002 kawaski 650 praire with omf race wheels
2 2oo exploer 400
2001 full race duncan racing banshee

Old 11-20-2001, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

OKAY,
It seems like
whoever has the 700 thinks there the fastest
" "650"same "
" "660" same "
Blah blah blah

The only one I saw was the 650
Bottomline.........it's a badass bike[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I guess we'll have to wait for some jamboree's
I do agree with jeept18,

<< [i]dont believe everything you read[/Q

Remember when ATV mag said the Ruby was the atv of the year[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 11-20-2001, 08:01 PM
Trailblazer

Well, I know what my 650 will do. I would be amazed at any quad that can out do it. I disagree with the results of some of these tests. But it must be believed huh. I mean heck! It's gotta be true cause it says so. I just wish I was there to see it with my own eyes. Of course who needs to see it cause if they wrote this it has to be true right. Then again maybe the article about the Kawi vs the Griz was wrong when they put those two together. From the sounds of that article Kawi outdid Yamaha. So I believe that too.

When I see it. The only 700 I saw was pretty weak when compared to my 650. But cause I didn't write that down on paper and send it in some where I can't believe that. I don't know what to believe...... I guess I'll just ride and have fun in the woods and believe that my quad is the best cause it's what I ride and what I paid good money for. Heck.... It makes me smile! It is awesome! The best thing is I put an American Flag on it! That makes me feel better about riding the damn Jap bike! You guys ever worked 15 hour days and got soooo bored that you jumped on line and just started rambling on and on and when you were done the only thing that made any sence was that you were able to feel a small sence of relief that you got to ramble aimlessly? Ride hard!!!!!!!

Old 11-20-2001, 08:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

vegasdude I rode the 700 two of my buddies ride them. I bought five polaris's last year. I switched brands because i was always replacing tie rod ends or bushings. And many other items. And the polaris dealer service was very poor.

Old 11-20-2001, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

OK I will solve this, my 300EX is is the best. It wins everything, lol, jk. I just had one question, how does the Sportsman have better brakes when the Prairie has those high tech like brakes? Just wondering.

Old 11-21-2001, 03:34 AM
Pro Rider

3TV,

You also have to consider the weight issue. Your DS 650 has to have a stronger engine if it able to keep up with the lighter Raptor. If the weight were the same on both quads, the DS would kill the Raptor. I'm not sure if it does make 8 more horsepower and 4 more foot pounds of torque, but it will stay even with a Raptor even though it weighs about 80 pounds more.

I just got done reading the latest issue of Dirtwheels. Now if you want to see a biased test, look a the shoot out that they did on the &quot;monster&quot; 4x4s! As usual, the Polaris and Bombardier could do no right, and the Japanese machines could do no wrong. The funny thing I noticed was that they called the Polaris motor &quot;low tech&quot; because it used pushrods. Well, what do they think the Rincon will use? How about all of the other Ute machines from Big Red? Yep, you guessed it, they use PUSH RODS! But of course Honda does this to keep the &quot;all important&quot; center of gravity low. PLEASE, give me a break! I can only stand so much B.S. in one story!

They also said that it didn't accelerate as well as the 650 Prairie. WELL, NO DUH! It also weighs 140 lbs more too (as they reminded us on several other occassions, but not this one). They also said that the Polaris has a &quot;limited slip&quot; four wheel drive system. Gee guys, we wouldn't want any one out there to think that Polaris doesn't have true four wheel drive, now would we?

All I can say is that the Prairie 650 owners had better get used to second place. The Honda Rincon is the best machine out there, even if it isn't &quot;out there&quot; yet. We all know that even though it will be down on power, uses a &quot;low tech&quot; engine, an unproven transmission, and will probably ride like a rock, it is automatically better than anything else because it's a Honda. And if you believe that I have a bridge in Brooklyn that's for sale..... Cheap!

Quick Reply: Sp700,Griz660,Kawi650,Quest650 and the winner