Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Please read this and help if you can!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2001, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gregsims
Xplor
TPnTX
700guy
Lurch77
Screw
You people need cut Zoinks!!! some slack. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Doing a good deed for one does not mean you get to badmouth someone for commenting on how they feel about it. It would have been nice to see some sympathy rather than cheap shots.

Good luck with the charity.

Old 12-15-2001, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

Shaggy, how bout showin' some sympathy for those young kids... and instead of posting lame comments... send 5 or 10 bucks to help out.

Some people still don't get it. S****** Bas*****!

Old 12-15-2001, 10:01 PM
Range Rover

Shaggy,
This is in regards to your comment "cheap shots."

This post has been viewed over {750} times. It has been replied to over (50) times.

Zoinks said: "There are lots of people on this forum who has suffered a stolen quad and are very deserving of assistance from fellow riders."

Cheap shots? Zoinks is the only ONE that jumped on the "poor me" bandwagon and complained about this cause. I lost a bike also (two actually). I made vague reference to one of them only to empathize about how it feels. Out of (750) views, how many fellow riders would you say have lossed a quad, bike, trike, or whatever?

One last thing, this post was started by a fellow rider that's been with ATV Connection for years. Zoink's first post was about his stolen quads. It was posted on just about every forum in this site. I wonder if that's the only reason he joined...

Old 12-15-2001, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

"Zoink's first post was about his stolen quads. It was posted on just about every forum in this site. I wonder if that's the only reason he joined... "

Screw
Your info is wrong. Zoinks!!! joined on November 6th, 2000 and has 292 posts. His two quads were stolen on November 04, 2001. Before you make claims like this you might want to know what you are talking about.

Old 12-15-2001, 11:15 PM
Range Rover

Shaggy
You're right. I misread it and I stand corrected. I thought he was someone else, I'm drunk or whatever. Who cares! My point was that he should have kept his comments to himself.

Old 12-16-2001, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

Shaggy,

I don't think that my comment was a cheap shot. There was no reason for the comment. He does not like what is going on, and that is totaly fine. I can understand completely where he is coming from. But if someone does not like what we are doing, then just ignore this whole thread and do not donate. It is that easy.
Why should these kids not have a happy xmas just because a few people think others deserve it just as much? I thing I deserve to win the lottery. Should they stop selling lottery tickets because I do not win?
Again, I say if you do not like what is going on, just ignore it. Everybody has that right.

Old 12-16-2001, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

I hope that people that are considering helping us can look past the negativity and arguing that has occurred here. I feel for anyone that has had a quad stolen, and I did not mean to belittle anyone's loss. This started because I felt this was a worthy cause. I did not think about how others would feel about it, or if others would feel left out. That being said, I give every week from every paycheck to the United Way. I cannot afford to give to every charity out there; however, I cannot quit giving to United Way because I cannot afford to give to The Salvation Army also. I hope this makes sense, and I hope that Zoinks understands where I am coming from. I tried to reply to his comments appropriately without being too offensive. If it can across as a cheap shot, I apologize.

Greg

Old 12-16-2001, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider

Gregsims, What you are doing is great! I believe in what you are doing I am just hoping you understand that others that have a quad stolen in the future will want you to start something for them as well. There were a lot of cheap shots but I never thought that my post was going to win others over and maybe I should have clarified a little better that I wasnt wanting anyone to take up for me and my loss. I just wanted it to be known that when people see this type of donation others are going to expect the same courtious behavior from fellow members. I read all of the other forums that you posted on highlifter atv time etc. and you did make a jab at me on one of them as well as lone wolf but I like you do not know the whole story to either side. No one can ever comment on a stolen quad until it happens to them. Greg I dont know if you have had a stolen quad or not but if you havent or anyone else you have NO idea what it feels like whether or not you have insurance. I dont want sympathy I just want to state my opinion like I stated in my first post. (IMO In My Opinion) Sorry I didnt explain myself better and all of this is my opinion and I am not targeting anyone or taking cheap shots. Just be prepared for what is to come from now on when a member has a quad stolen! Isnt this what the forums is for opinions and gear head talk?

Old 12-16-2001, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider
Old 12-16-2001, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

Quit being such a "*******" Zoinks. This thread was not started to indulge your petty attitude and for us to say "poor you Zoinky... we feel so sorry for you and your stolen Raptor"... I have had more then my share of stolen items in the past 5 years and do you hear me crying?!?! This thread was to get some fellow human beings and ATV'ers to give a little bit to make a big difference in a couple kid's lives for x-mas.

Quit being a selfish dink. You are a terrible role-model for your kids.

For all others reading this post... what is 10 or 20 bucks to most of us??... but take a lot of those little 10 or 20 bucks and add them up and they equal a quad for a couple kids this christmas. Pitch in and help...

Quick Reply: Please read this and help if you can!!!!!!!!!