Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Please read this and help if you can!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess my typing fingers got me involved in the wrong thread this time.... I understand that your cause is just.... I guess I just come from a different upbringing.

I have never been rich..but do bust my hump to own everything that I can. I would love to see children get involved with such a great past time...especially if it can be shared with mom and dad...I am all about family.

But I too have been taken for a loop in my years. If I really new that this was a legit claim...then I would for sure be all for it. But...and there is a big BUT. Though the cause is worthy for sure...you best make sure you are doing things according to law. Paying taxes on the money..and ready to handle overage in funds. Etc, Etc. Are you set up to be a business? even if NFP? Did you set up a special bank acct to protect yourself? I'm not trying to be argumentative..just bringing up some points of interest.

I really hope you can make someone happy... I live in a small town. It just so happens that I am fortunate enough to have toys like I do. But there are countless numbers of kids that live in my town that are hurting for even a fraction of what we all come to take for granted. You see what I'm saying? Man....yes, I jumped in at the wrong time for sure... I do not need a bad name for being a not so caring person. I'll stop now and good luck... I hope it pans out... One more bit of advice. Use any overage for a padlock.

Old 12-11-2001, 05:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

All the mentions about chains and such got me to wondering so I ask my brother about it. It turns out he didn't have a chain and lock. To keep this quad safe he had been PULLING IT INTO THE DEN OF HIS HOUSE at night. What happened was the youngest was riding it and having so much fun he didn't want to stop. When he finally came in my brother simply forgot to go pull it inside. When he remembered it an hour or so later it was to late. One little slip and it was gone

Old 12-11-2001, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

Believe me...I am sorry for coming across as a dink. It is not my nature.

When I forst read this post, I thought it was a joke. Which is what brought on my hardcore attitude in my first post.

Old 12-11-2001, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

I have allready donated, and mailed it out on monday morning. I was hoping we could reach the goal by the 20th of december, so it could be there before xmas. I have one little sudgestion, if you dont mind. Near my house, there is a used 4 wheeler shop who sells good bikes, usually 2 or 3 years old. He always has alot of smaller bikes there couse everyone wants to trade up on theres. Now, i know i am way too far away to be of some help on this, but i was wondering if a shop like that was in the kids general area, say 1 to 2 hours away. I would love to see them get a 90 or 150 cc used instead of a new 50 cc witch they would surly grow out of in a couple of years. If anyone had an idea on how to get a 4 wheeler from michigan to them, i would gladly go to the shop to see what he has. I have purchaced alot of stuf from him, ( warrior, electric bike, go carts, ect...) and he is a good man just trying to make a living. If this sounds good, then maybe a form of train can be done( I drive it to ohio and meet with someone who can take it kentucky, and so on...) The check can be mailed to him when a good bike is bought, and were off!!! Just a sudgestion, but if only 1200.00 is donated, then we can still get a good bike for it! hope i can help, mich660griz

Old 12-11-2001, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

We have a few dealers involved now, and we are looking into a larger quad. You guys will know exactly what we decide, and you will also see pictures of the kids when they get their Christmas present.

sAyIt_fmf,
I understand where you are coming from. I grew up very poor myself. I worked hard to pay my way through college, and I am now somewhat successful. All the more reason for me to help out in this situation. I apologize if I appeared angry on my previous post. However, I believe in what we are trying to do for these kids, and a negative post like yours does not help.

Greg

Old 12-12-2001, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

GregSims $25
COB2 $20
ATVGirl $10
ATVHUgger $20
Screamin4wheeler $20
BigDirt $10
DustyRider $25
Matman Crazy Canadian Cash (Not sure)
Rammer2 $25
TPnTX $25
Rides4Fun $20
BLHall $20
LoneWolf $20
Lurch $20
Hustler $50
Snowshark $20
BuckRider $20
BirdMan450S $20
Honda_Foreplay $20
NorthArkie650Mudder $20
TheLaw $20
DSJockey $20
Hmitc62683 (added $10 more)
JimJake $10
Cole X $20
DS Jockey $20
VarminHunter $20
SciakyDave $10
DannoLT250R $20
ATVMadog $20
BigR $20
RevPucker $20
Boss325 $10
QuadFather $50 Dusty Rider $25
Markethebarber $20
700Guy $20
Mich660Griz $20
CopDodger $30
deh $40 canadian?
SC_Grizz $20
Qmaster500 $35
Rancherguy $30
Hondablue3004X4 10
KingQuad $10
Hnquadin $15
Damocles/TreeFarmer $25
TeamGreenQuad $40
JS $25
MoonBaby $35
4Bama1 $20
Kenny $50
Insulator $20
Regnar $20
Mhkodiak $20
Joekrz $20
Xplor $25
BigR $20
Glg91 $20
Psychorider $20

Total $1215 so far

I am not sure about all these amounts... some people say they are sending a check and did not say for how much. In this case, I assumed $20. Also, some people said a few days ago they were sending $20 and now they say they are sending $50. I assumed the $50... not $50 + $20.

If I am mistaken, please post the correction.

Old 12-12-2001, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

I find it good that people want to help out others but I guess I am bitter for the simple fact that my son(as most you know) and myself had our quads stolen. His was an LT-80 and mine a Raptor. Mine was insured and his was not. I know stupid me! But I too am finding it hard to explain to him that it will probably never show up. To top all of that off, my 5 yr old has made a christmas list and on top is that he wants a new quad or a dirt bike so he can ride with his dad! Now I dont know about any of you but I am just an average Joe trying to make it in the world and I am trying to tell my son that Santa just might not have enough room on his sleigh for a dirt bike or quad. I dont understand why his boys are more important than my son. There are lots of people on this forum who has suffered a stolen quad and are very deserving of assistance from fellow riders. IMO I do not think that this type charity should be should be posted on this forum simply out of respect of those who have suffered a stolen quad or quads!

Old 12-12-2001, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

Zoinks!!!,
I have two kids also, and neither have their own quad, but everything does not have to be about you and I, or even our kids. I chose to take up this effort, because I thought it was worthwhile. I was not aware that there needed to be something in it for you. I apologize if this seems rude, but many of us have put alot of time and effort into this, only to have you state that it should not be permitted on this board. I am sorry that your child had his quad stolen and I am sure it is frustrating, but please allow us to help this family. There is more to this story than a missing quad. Thanks.

Greg

Old 12-12-2001, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

It is great that we are reaching the goal Greg. I have to admit that I am not surprised that there are a couple of people that need to put in there negative comments. Zoinks! Over the past 5 years I have met the worst of people and the best of people. It's the best (see list above for examples)that make positive things happen for others and disreguard there own problems. I have gotten tons of stuff stolen from me in the past years and I owe 1000's upon 1000's to the banks... but if 25$ can give those children a very merry x-mas than by all means it is worth it. The 25$ will make them much happier than it will me. I have to admit though that I am not your average person in that I have never understood the whole "jealousy" or "envy" thing. It's just not me... never been jealous or envious, never will be.

"There are lots of people on this forum who has suffered a stolen quad and are very deserving of assistance from fellow riders". Its not about deserving it Zoinks. (you really don't get it do you?!?) The person we are raising the money for never asked for it, but those around him care enough to do this for him and his kids. Thats what it is all about. Some body with your attitude deserves nothing my friend... Stop being bitter about someone elses impending good fortune and caring family and just pipe down. At least your Craptor was insured Zoinks... so stop cying please. Unlike Greg, I am not apologizing if I am rude to you Zoinks.

Come on guys... it only takes a few more people to reach the goal!!!

Old 12-12-2001, 07:27 PM
Range Rover

I absolutely cannot believe you Zoinks! I don't know you but man you are really making yourself look pityful here. Here we are a bunch of people feeling good about a selfless attempt to make a difference in a few kids lives and you want to cry to us about you. What a fool....

Quick Reply: Please read this and help if you can!!!!!!!!!