Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

93 Polaris 350 2-Stroke 4x4?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2001, 01:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking about buying a '93 Polaris 350 2-stroke 4x4. I haven't actually seen it yet because it is about a 3 hour drive to look at it but am inquiring if anybody has any feedback to this model and year Polaris as far as reliability, performance, etc.

Old 12-13-2001, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

Some people I know from hunting season have an old 350 4X4, and wouldn't trade it for anything. They told me that except for chain adjustments, they have had almost zero problems with it.
I don't know what year theirs was, but it was a liquid cooled model, with steel racks.

Yea, I know I didn't help much, but now this thread will go back on top where maybe someone who knows more will reply.

Old 12-13-2001, 11:00 PM
Trailblazer

I own a 1993 350L 4x4 and I love it. It is my first quad and I have owned it for about a year now. It had a problem with the reverse override switch when I purchased it (it wouldn't idle right and would die) and then all of a sudden it would start working great again. I had my local dealer replace the switch and it has worked great ever since.It only had about 1100 miles on it when I bought it. It was stock except for a 48" cycle country plow with manual lift. It has nearly the same horsepower as the early 400's. A guy from HPD told me it was rated 2 horsepower less than the older 400's.
In the last year I have done many modifications to it to help improve it's overall performance. I installed a Warn A2500 winch kit on it first along with front and rear tow shackles. I got a Polaris front rack bag and a set of saddle bags too! This last spring I wired up a 55 watt backup light into the reverse indicator switch and also put on a auxillary switch. Now I have a backup light whenever I shift into reverse or whenever I throw the auxillary switch to the on position. This summer I built a custom rear rack box out of MDO complete with camo paint, power outlet and box light. One thing I love about the quad is the metal racks. They seem much stronger and more durable than the cheezzy plastic racks they put on them now. They need to be on mine as I carry about 60# worth of gear in my box, mostly tools and hunting equipment.
This fall I have been concentrating on engine and transmission performance. I installed a HotSeat xplorer pipe along with Delta V-force 2 reeds and spacer. I also put on a K&N filtercharger for dry weather riding and I put a UFO on the stock carburetor. I also went with the Polaris green spring in the primary clutch and a HotSeat orange spring in the secondary. This weekend I will be installing a high altitude helix ( 38-34 ) along with a HPD kevlar belt. Most of my riding is at 6000 - 9500 ft. I also went some new tires this fall as it still had the stock tires on it. Went with 26" Titan 589 M/T 's because I do ride in deep mountain snow and occaisonally see some mud too. I can wheelie the thing in low range with no problem even with the front mounted winch and 15# winch pins I carry on my front gunmounts and I am 250#.

I have put a considerable amount of money in my quad but I feel it has been worth it as I have had a blast riding it and have not had any subsequent problems with the thing.
Overall I think they are a great machine with very few problems!!

Hope I helped !!

Old 06-12-2014, 12:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My polaris 350 l is my baby it is awesome the carbs are common to vibrate out on the side which controls the idle set just take out the filter and set it and have fun they are derable powerful over all awesome

The following users liked this post:
Brandon Garlock (04-20-2020)