Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris is history!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2002, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as soon as get this pos fixed (water pump out on it now)it is gone im am not wealthy enuff to own a polaris.all i have done is pour money into this thing.ive worked on it more than ive got to ride it thats not fun to me. tired of it going to something thats a lil more reliable.(any suggestions?)i am leaning towards a honda very strong rite now.if i ever get this D*** water pump fixed.

Old 01-12-2002, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry you had bad luck with yours man but my offer on some of your aftermarket stuff still stands.

Old 01-12-2002, 12:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I guess all I can say is that it is a POS because you made it that way. Why people expect to modify the hell out of machine then wonder why they are not reliable I'll never know. ATVs are engineered to be most reliable and safe in their stock form. Every time you add or change something you lose at little more reliability along with it. If you want to blame someone, blame yourself !!

Darryl

Old 01-12-2002, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

My point was don't blame the manufacturer for reliability issues if you are going to modify your quad to the point where the intended purpose of the machine is not being followed. If you want a performance quad don't buy a polaris and modify the hell out of it expecting it to be stone reliable. Buy what manufacturers are offering as a performance quad that will perform just as well or better without any mods than a polaris with heavy mods.

The ds650 is a prime example. Sure you can modify a polaris to go just as fast and maybe just as well as a stock DS650 but what you lose is reliability (and major $$)So you modify the crap out of it , and come on a forum like this and call your machine a POS because it does maintain its reliability? Engineers love guys with that narrow of mentality.

Now for "go big or go home" if you had a brain you would have figured it out by now.

Old 01-12-2002, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

luv4iron last time i checked i paid for this quad ill call it anything i want to pal.and as far as modding the hell out it!! most of my mods are for reason that i had to do some are not for example (steering:stock is junk had to replace,brakes: stock are junk went through 2 sets of pads within 6 months,oil jection:just a piece of mind when premixing, chain tensioner gets kinda old tighting chain everyday, handle bars:went to alum. mainly for looks same for wheels polaris is too cheap to put anything alum. on there quads,and struts and shock:because damnit i want to [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

but i bet the damn bumper did though damn thing im gonna take it off first thing in the morning [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

as you can see if you can read luv4iron most of my mods are cosmetic how in the hell can they make the engine or tranny unreliable?

Old 01-12-2002, 08:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would say luv4ironman must be venting. Nothing this guy did would cause a waterpump to go. Looks like he got a bad piece of machinery.

Old 01-12-2002, 08:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

My point is for the simple minds out there is why **** away good money trying to modify a polaris into something it wasn't designed for then bad mouth the manufacture for building a POS. Sure, a waterpump failure may or may not have anything to do with the mods done, however you refer to many problems you've had. You are right in wanting to ditch the thing, however, be honest, are all your problems do to engineering or from you tinkering?

Have fun with whatever you buy.

Old 01-12-2002, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

I have probably spent more on my 400 than anyone else in here, and frankly I think the reliability has increased over the years.

Modding a quad in most cases requires more maintenance, and does not always decrease reliability.

Old 01-12-2002, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

Tinkering Hmmmmmm only thing or bolt i have turned on engine was adding pipe.until nowthat the water pump failed.its all the other lil things like the steering post bearing (stock is plastic come on polaris should know better)brakes: ask anyone who rides there polaris hard, stock will not hold up.if the polaris's cant hold up to riding it hard then your right i do need something else,and im quite sure lots of other people in here do too.maybe they should just put 50cc motors on them huh luv4iron then maybe we want rag them out so quick[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2002, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

u tell 'em bermbanger.......

yeah none of the mods bermbanger has done to his polaris will decrease the reliability of the engine or tranny......

Quick Reply: polaris is history!