Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Split brake kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 09:20 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Expeditioneer and Mike chero,

I get what your saying now, the left and right thing had me confused. (doesn't take much) I thought for a minute i had a rare machine. I like the foot idea mike, that would make it set up just like a street bike all break controls on right hand side. Pretty slick, now after getting off the scrambler and on the zx9 i won't want to be pulling the clutch in to slow down any more. I hate that.

Old 02-02-2002, 07:03 AM
Pro Rider

sevy,

Or worse yet, let a motorcycling friend ride your quad and have him almost fly over the handlebars because he thought the brake was a clutch. It happened to me once.

On a lighter note, Einstein never could tell his right from his left either.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2002, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Einstein............err, I mean Mike,

Am I gonna have to learn you your left from right? As I remember, you got them swapped up last time somebody questioned the split brake thingy. Just joking, but I always understand what you're trying to say...........I'm just trying to make sure the question asker does too.

Mike, on a different note.......I've got my machine back together with the swaintech coated wiseco, and no rattling so far. I do, however, have a few real fine vertical scratches on the intake side of the piston, and the coating is worn thin on the lower half of the skirt. Is this the case with your scrambler? I always let mine warm up to operating temp. before riding hard, and break-in was slow and easy for about 5 hours. Thanks in advance.

Waylan

Old 02-04-2002, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

walexa,

I've looked at my piston through the exhaust port and can't see anything worth mentioning except tons of crud from the Klotz I'm running. No scratches or shiny spots are visible though. It has enough compression to practically rip my arm from it's socket when I try and pull start it and accidently comes upon the compression stroke. Everything seems fine with mine. If it runs good for you then I wouldn't worry about it. You broke it in correctly and warm it up correctly so I can't see a problem. I usually unload my quad and leave it running while putting on my gear (shin guards, riding pants, jersey, boots, chest protector, helmet and gloves), so it's nice and warm when I hop on and ride.

Old 02-04-2002, 09:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Ttaylor, I had a 440 sno-pro "finger tip" lever on mine for a while, really liked it.....just forgot to tell Darrell at HPD about it before he tore off, then almost tore it off. Along with the "armor all" substance I keep on the seat, I think he thought I was setting him up. Anyway, the lever I'm sure can be ordered seperately. Anyone out there who missed the other posts, changing over to a 2001 master cylinder and getting the cheap Polaris stainless braided lines, are some great improvements.

Walexa and Mike, don't know if I've asked before, but what kind of turn around time does Swaintech have? Gonna give 'em a try.

Thanks,
Ken

Old 02-04-2002, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

Modquad,

Usually a week or two, depending on whether they have the piston in stock. I happen to aquire mine during the "Great Piston Famine of 2000". That was the year that Wiseco broke their dies for the .040-.060" pistons and there were none to be found. I got lucky and found one at Chopper City Sports. As those thrilling days of yesteryear are now history, they should be able to provide you with one already coated.

Old 02-08-2002, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

modquad,
Do you know if the connections at the calipers are the same for the Stainless Brake Lines? Mine is a 95 TrailBlazer