Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What happened to the sport quad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2002, 03:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I normally ignore antagonistic posts, all makes have glitches. If you don't like a certain make of machine, why waiste your time and mine. Why not think of a constructive post concerning your own machine, and possibly how to make it better. Better yet, share some of the glitches your new favorite has so that others might become aware of it and save someone else some hassles. I've seen the fire in the eyes.....this isn't going to be your father's quad. Don't make me say "I told you".

Ken.....who cares what you ride, just join and support your local club.

Old 03-06-2002, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

Ken

I think its time to lighten up a little (learn to take a joke). You seem to defend Polaris like it was your little sister. I own two Polaris's and one Honda. I was all set to buy a third Polaris instead of the Honda when my 2000 trail boss started having problems like really loose steering. From this forum I learn that some low IQ engineer at Polaris decided to use a plastic steering stem bushing that would wear out in less than a year of light riding. I sent Polaris a letter telling them what I thought of their part and they basically replied back that they fixed this problem on the 2001 model and I should buy a new machine. I fixed the part with an aftermarket $35 bushing from HPD, so it comes down to the principal of the thing. Heck with them, I bought the Honda instead. Is the Honda the holy grail of quads. No. They have there weak points, but they are much better designed than the Polaris is. Like I said before, I would love to come back to being a new Polaris owner, but not until they design a quad that will stand up to normal usage.

Old 03-06-2002, 08:10 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I'll start lol'ing everything. I'm not defending Polaris, like I said, they all have glitches. I get tired of the trashers wasting people's time. And you probably found out about the HPD steering bushing via this, or another similarily informative forum? lol

Ken

Old 03-07-2002, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

<< I get tired of the trashers wasting people's time
Ken
>>

LOL! I hate to burst your bubble, but the whole point of these forums, assuming there is one, is to waste time. Did you think you were crafting a Middle East peace plan? Get over yourself.

As far as the antagonism towards Polaris, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out where that comes from. Reliability issues aside, they've geared their entire line towards folks too inept and/or lazy to the learn the fundamentals of riding (i.e. shifting and using dual controll brakes). That kind of focus just naturally breeds contempt among high performance enthusiasts. Until Polaris shows it can produce a real sport quad, they'll continue to recieve the derision they deserve.

Old 03-07-2002, 08:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider

TRXster, you forgot the word &quot;constructive&quot;....no matter how hard you try, some just don't get it. Once you get NOS (that's nitrous oxide, just in case you didn't know) installed on your DS, my, and other Polaris' from this or other forums will gladly spank you. Anyone else, sorry to become a hypocrite (I like DS's).

Ken &quot;I don't waste my time bugging the Bombardier or Honda forums&quot; Thompson

And I still don't care what you ride, just join a club and do it!!!

Old 03-07-2002, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

<<
Ken &quot;I don't waste my time bugging the Bombardier or Honda forums&quot; Thompson
>>

LOL! Yea, you're a paragon of self-restraint

Old 03-08-2002, 01:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Are things REALLY that slow over there? Yawn......

Old 03-08-2002, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Ken,
I know its hard to ignore the children on this forum sometimes, you are usually much better about than I. I would just like to say I apprieciate the great info you bring to the forums, you are by far one of the most knowledgeable people in here. Please keep us up to date and the new sport quad.

Thanks,
Bob

Old 03-08-2002, 11:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Bob, you are very welcome....sometimes I just can't resist the urge to burp them.

Ken

Old 03-08-2002, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

God forbid anyone try to add some humor to KEN's Forum. I will try to keep my forum post only to informational type post from now on. I am sorry that I used this forum for entertainment purposes. I will try not to make that mistake in the future. Please forgive me.

Oh by the way, I am not a kid. I am 31 years old, served in the army and national guard for 8 years and work as a professional for a fortune 500 company, so I don't think your man enough to burp me, but you are welcome to try.

Quick Reply: What happened to the sport quad?