Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

How many carry a gun while riding?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2002, 03:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Make sure you have it looked at by a Gunsmith before you try shooting it. He can also give you a ball park figure on what it's worth. Octigon barrel - you can bet it's worth something if it's in good condition. Nice find for your friend with the pistol and knife. The guy that lost it is sure to be sad.

Old 03-11-2002, 04:35 PM
Trailblazer

I don't have to carry a gun while riding. My ***** isn't that small that I need to show other riders who's boss. For personal protection? Nah. Besides, if I'm going to go out the right way, it's going to be riding through the woods. Plus, I've never met another rider who was a jerk. We are all in the same boat, out to have a good time.

Old 03-11-2002, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I lived in your perfect world....whats up with the ***** thing.....chill out

Old 03-11-2002, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I own all the land around the local V.A., and occasionally get a strange one walkin around, kind of creepy when you are ridin and a guy pops out of the trees onto the trail. We also get the occasional hunter that gets pissed if I tell him that he has walked off the game preserve. I don't carry when I am riding on my land, but will go get a shotgun if I have to. I had a mushroom hunter tell me that it wasn't my land, and that it was the governments and that he had hunted there for the last 25 years. Well, he didn't know that 10 years before that, the government sold the land. He didn't want to leave, so I went to the house, picked up the 12 ga. and said we could do it the easy way or the hard way, he could leave, i could call the sheriff, or meet my gun, he left. He started gettin mouthy with me, and I didn't like it. I am nice if you are nice to me, when I tell you that you are on private property and direct them to the closest way to the game preserve, but I will get ticked if you mouth me. But i must say, I do get a little nervous telling a guy with a loaded shotgun that he needs to leave.

Old 03-11-2002, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

WOW, I don't know if things are really that bad in tha states, or if all you guys are just plain old paranoid.
I think if I ever was to move south of the border it would be to Ohio. I'd get kind of nervous riding quad if everyone but me was carrying a pistol to protect themselves from ?

Earthraper, I'm kind of curious what a pistol will do against a spiked peice of plywood or a wire across the trail.

I thought I was against silly guns laws, but now I'm starting to understand what all the fuss is about.

As far as the wildlife thing goes, come on and get serious! You're on a quad! If I was going to the North West Territories canoe tripping or something I would take a gun, because Polar bears tend to be pretty aggressive. Black Bears though, are pretty timid. Anything else...come on, give it a kick and it'll leave you alone.

This whole thread really does seem like a bad joke. I can't believe you guys would even consider taking a firearm out for a ride unless you were going hunting.

Are there any other states like Ohio?

Old 03-11-2002, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

Depending on where I am riding I either carry a taurus pt92 or my shiny new RAGING BULL !! The bull is more fun to shoot though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2002, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

God Bless the USA!!!!!!!

Old 03-11-2002, 07:01 PM
Range Rover

Newfiebullet
Please don't move to Ohio. California or New Jersey sounds like just the place for ya.

Old 03-11-2002, 07:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the responses.

Hell, I don't think anyone carries because of other riders. I like to talk with them on the trails or give 'em a pull with the winch if they need it.

In the hills of KY you have a potential of running into someones pot cash crop, a meth lab, a redneck hunter (no offense there, 99.9% of them are fine), or maybe even a still. You just have to read the headlines to know that. THOSE are the type of people I'm worried about. Don't seem to have the radical environmentalist problem in this area.

Ditto there okiedude!

Ride on!

Old 03-11-2002, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

thenewfiebullet,

" A well regulated militia, being nessesary for the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Well, seeing as how you don't have a Second Amendment in the monarchy in which you live, I can see where you're coming from. The fact that you are not a free citizen, but a subject, might have something to do with it too.

You see, the founding fathers of my great country affirmed this right over 200 years ago. To this day, because of the fact that over 99.9% of all gun owners are law abiding (yes, believe it or not it's true, despite what you might hear on TV) bears witness to this. This along with the other nine amendments in the Bill of Rights are what made the USA the greatest country in the world.

Also for those of you who own guns to hunt, notice that the above amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It does (as Attorney General John Ashcroft testified) have everything to do with keeping the government in check while defending our homes and country.

Quick Reply: How many carry a gun while riding?