Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Race Mods From Hot Seat. Is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2002, 03:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking about getting the full on Race mod from Hot seat (the $1400 one). I was wondering if anyone had it done yet and what they thought. I have heard that Hot seat has a problem with customer service, but I want to know how their work holds up.
I want to get the Mod and also get the cylinder-bored out+. 60 at the same time. Sound good? Too much? I want the machine to stay reliable too. Any help will be much appreciated.

Old 03-11-2002, 07:00 AM
Pro Rider

Hey send me a email so we can talk about it if you want to be fast. Sporty4002x4@juno.com

Old 03-11-2002, 08:18 AM
Pro Rider

Sand Shack,

If you are going with full race mods, you'd be better off going with either RCR or HPD. They are THE motor experts. Hot Seat has some nice suspension packages, but that's about it.

Also look to pay some serious money for race gas when you get it back. I've seen it go for up to $16 a gallon out there, assuming you can find it.

Old 03-11-2002, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

Sandshack,

I've got a full race HPD bike, plus more for sale down here in PHX, if your interested. I'm closing on a house in two weeks and would like to have it sold by then!

It's in the Cycle Trader which serves all of AZ if you can scoop one up, otherwise e-mail me @ goodmanaz@earthlink.net fro pics/specs.

Old 03-11-2002, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

no, no, and no.

Old 03-12-2002, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

If youre going to go with race mods it is my blief that HPD is the only way to go [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-12-2002, 03:02 AM
Elite Pro Rider

If you get a chance to ride a HPD race-mod with the new pipe, you'll never want to mod your engine with any other company. Hot Seat has great customer service (though I've heard of some bad experiences) talk to Rob. They have nice extended chromoly swingarms, and steering posts. There nerfs are nice, but kinda spendy.

HPD power comes on hard and pulls evenly. There are some EGT/carb debates that you can do searches on, but it's as close as you can get to putting your engine on steroids. Just ask the people who get tired of me sounding like their rolling commercial. We've learned alot and spent alot, we're just trying to save you some headache and ching.

Good Luck,
Ken

Old 03-12-2002, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider

A friend of mine has the Hot Seat Kit on his 2000 400 2x4.
It is a realy nice kit.
He said it has OUTSTANDING Mid-range and Top End Pull.
He has the GEN 2 Pipe adjusted with both shims for top end power.
(RELIABILITY) The only problem he has had was a water pump seal.

How It compares to HPD or RCR, I do not know?"?"?"?"?"?"?&qu ot;?"
I have asked the question many times.
Nobody I have found knows.

Lets face it. Untill someONE (ONE NEUTRAL PARTY) has spent the Money on each kit and compared them (PROPERLY), they can only comment on what is working for them currently,and NOT WHO THE EXPERTS ARE.

The only thing everyone can agree on is GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AT RCR and HPD.

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG

Old 03-12-2002, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

It would be nice if someone bought everything and ran them and dynoed them, etc. I have the HPD stuff, people I have rode with have at times had the HSP stuff, after running with them I would buy what they had and they say they wish they would have bought what I had. This is what I base my opinion on. I have no doubt that the HSP stuff will make your bike run better and stronger and it will definiately be a powerful bike, but if you want to run for bragging rights go with HPD.

Old 03-12-2002, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

Is HPD bikes fast? yes
Are they the only way to go? no
The combo im working on right now i wont mention because im still tunning and waiting for my swingarm so I have no times or soild races yet to back up my statements, but my intial test against a HPD bike is looking good though. The HPD bike I ran well he is working out some stuff to I cant wait to get a good run against the two bikes then switch riders and run again. As soon as I know for sure I will be posting good or bad.

Quick Reply: Race Mods From Hot Seat. Is it worth it?