Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

High Performance Polaris Info??

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2000, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jaime, I'm ready to go leave my deposit just as soon as you tell me what I'm buying. Oh, golly, I'm about to go into debt!

Old 03-01-2000, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

Are those really the best sellers? Or are you saying "if they were?" I highly doubt that any of those are the best sellers, but that's just from what I have seen myself. I just doubt the 400ex outsells the Foreman, and so on. It's not that noone wants the 400ex, it's just there is more market for the Foreman. At least in Texas.

Old 03-01-2000, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, don't get me wrong. I like Polaris machines, MY Polaris machines. Honestly if I had to do it over again, I might pick the Trailblazer for my girlfriend. But as for the Sport, I have too much invested in it to EVER get what I paid for it. $7500 to $8000 to be exact. It wasn't easy to build either.

I just feel cheated that Polaris makes so many high performance sleds and watercraft, yet they still refuse to make a high performance quad. If they did, I would be the first in line to buy one, IF it met my standards of high performance. I do like the auto tranny and the creature comforts like electric starting and reverse, but I couldn't help wondering how much better it could be if it weighed about 100 lbs less. A 500 to 600 lb sled might be considered light to a snowmobile fan, but I'm gettin a little tired of all the excess weight.

Old 03-01-2000, 11:45 PM
Trailblazer

Jaime we hope too hear some GOOD news tomorrow. Maybe you could bring them some doughnuts or something to sweeten the deal.

Trying to wait patiently,
John

Old 03-02-2000, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

Maybe it will be a 440 or 500 twin 2 stroke dual carb twin piped 2x4 or 4x4 i know there has been talk obout that just maybe some where around 75 to 90 horse but then it could be one of thos over weight 1100 lb green submarins that seem to go everywhere your mama told you not to when you were a kid. I did not get a reply back from the managment today but i am working on them it will be soon though.

Old 03-02-2000, 06:38 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks jaime, keep us informed on all the Polaris hi-performance ATV's.

John

Old 03-03-2000, 03:33 AM
Pro Rider

well they said d day is march 8 th hopefully they are not pulling #s out of there head. I belive there will be a press release and a whole lot of people going in debt that day. If i can swing it i will be one of em. I don,t think you will be needing any hop ups for a while with these new toys. I think everyone will be pleased with it in know i will. i can say i love talking to the guys who have run the dyno,s

Old 03-04-2000, 12:06 PM
Trailblazer

Two questions for you jaime.

First have you seen these new "toys" out on the test track? If so how do they run?

Second don't you get an employees' discount?

Patiently waiting,
John

Old 03-05-2000, 11:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just stumbled into this Polaris forum. After reading it my interest is peaked a small amount. I now ride a modified Banshee. I too had a Polaris Scrambler in 95. I loved the bike but it was just not what I really wanted. It was heavy and I got bored with the not shifting. I am not a Polaris basher by any means as I ride an XCR800 sled that I like a lot.
The main problems I see with the auto tranny is the same as a sled. Every time you make a little more power you have to spend a good chunk of cash to recalibrate it. This can get expensive as I do my modifying small amounts at a time. If I had a Polaris I would have to justify doing it all at once to save money from clutching only once.
Polaris is very capable of making huge power. My sled is an example, near 160hp. Why can we only get a quad with 35-40hp? I missed something somewhere. If they came out with a manual shift, lighter, high hp. quad I just might come back to Polaris. I love my Banshee but I am always on the lookout for more power.
To me 4 stroke is not an option at this point. There is nothing like the sound of a twin with twin carbs through twin pipes. Because of this Polaris has lost me as a customer. This does not mean I cannot come back though.
My question to Polaris is this. "You have the motors, you can build the frame, what are you waiting for?" You have not lost me forever yet. Show me you want me back. Give me something that excites me.Give me something that I WANT to spend my money on. Until then i will be riding my banshee and loving it. Screamin350 in the chat

Old 03-05-2000, 07:01 PM
Trailblazer

Screamin350 I hear what you are saying!! I have owned Polaris sleds, and have been quite impressed with thier power. But on an ATV I like to shift (maybe it is my motorcycle roots). We know Polaris can manufacture auto clutch/manual transmissions. In my opinion the next step is to manufacture a manual clutch/manual transmission and mate it to a 500cc 2-stroke twin. Wham the utlimate dune shreader (in my opinion).

Maybe just maybe Polaris is developing two new machines a 700cc Sportsman and a 440cc or 500cc 2-stroke performance machine. We can only hope.

Well according to jaime well know something this Wednesday.

Thanks,
John

Quick Reply: High Performance Polaris Info??