Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

RCR 414 BIG BORE KIT AND STAGE1 EXHAUST FOR 01 TRAILBOSS

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2002 | 08:57 PM
|
Range Rover

Does anyone have either of these mods? If so how do you like them? Ease of installation and how much more performance you got out of your machine? Also if you know the decible level of the exhaust that would be helpful. I ride alot on private land and don't wanna **** anyone off with an extremely loud machine. Thanks in advance!

Kepp on riding!!

Old 03-20-2002 | 07:08 PM
|
Range Rover

*bump* someone must have these mods?

Old 03-21-2002 | 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

I can't help but, I am looking for the same information. It is suprising that no one has answered.

Old 03-21-2002 | 04:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am also looking at this kit. I saw a video somewhere where hiis sons 325 keeps up with a scrambler for the first 100 yds but thats about it. I talked with Rick about it once think it was like 475 with exchange jug and new piston and pipe. But would like to talk with someone that has it before I buy it. If you are really interested give him a call hes is a super nice guy and very patient. I am a little reluctant because I understand his pipe is REALLY LOUD. I wonder how it will perform with the stock pipe?

Old 03-22-2002 | 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

I too am looking for this information...I have ricks stage one kit and it really brings the bike to life.The pipe is loud but it sounds sweet a$$.Nice and deep sounds like a racing thumper.I love it. Overall the kit i got is great and i highly recommend it.If you have any more questions about the kit please ask,ill be more than happy to help.

Old 03-23-2002 | 02:05 PM
|
Range Rover

polarisrules44, I do have a few questions about the stage1 installation. First does the silencer that comes with the kit mount like the stock muffler?(using the same mounting holes) Also did you have any problems changing the main jet or clutch spring? One more thing before I forget, how much louded is the pipe? I don't mind it being louder, I just don't want to sound like a boeing 747 in the woods. Thanks in advance!

Keep on riding!!

Old 03-23-2002 | 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

The kit comes with a easy step by step instructions.I cant really remember if it mounted in the same place but it was really easy..The jet and clutch combined took maybe 30 min. The pipe is loud it is very close comparsion to the white bros pipe on a 400ex.If you have any other questions please ask..Ill be glad to help

Old 03-23-2002 | 06:02 PM
Trailblazer

Polarisrules, thanks for the info! It sounds like the kit is worth the money. I want to give my Boss some more grunt! You dont by chance have a pic of the bike do you? I would like to get a gander at what the pipe looks like. Thanks in advance.

Work to live, but live to ride!

Old 03-23-2002 | 08:33 PM
|
Range Rover

While poking around on the net, I came across a video clip that Rick Ritter had made of a Trailboss 325 with the 414 kit, a stage1 exhaust, and a cam in it. They drag raced the 414 with a stock 325 at 100 yards and the 414 took it by about 10 bike lengths. I am going to post the link to the mpeg for your enjoyment. Hope it works, if not I'll try it again.

414.mpeg

Keep on riding!!

PS. polarisrules44, Got any pics of the stage1 on you bike? I would like to see what it looks like.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2002 | 12:22 AM
Trailblazer

I installed polarisrules44 RCR stage one kit for him. The pipe does use the factory mounts, but you do have to cut the header pipe 13.25 inches long. You have to install a spring in the drive clutch, install a filter and rejet. Then you have to cut 2 2" holes in the airbox lid. The kits not hard to install, but fair warning. That pipe is LOUD!!!!! It draws attention. I'm guessing it runs about 95-103 dbs. It's louder than my sons E-Series pipe on his 400ex. If you ride close to housing when you ride. Forget it, you'll have the police for company. If you ride out in the middle of nowhere, get it. It really makes a difference on the bike. Its amazing how the bike is choked stock. This kit really lets it breath. Then my next recommendation to polarisrules44 is to get the kelvar belt from HPD, I have one on my SC 500 and boy it really makes a difference too. They're not cheap but they do help.
Finally, I sure wish someone would get that 414 kit, I really want to know it's worth it. I trust Rick, but he is the one who sells the only kit for the TB325, if you know what I mean.
If anyone has any questions, I'll be more than happy to help them. Trust me I've worked enough on the TB325, I got really personal with it.
Hope this helps someone.

Quick Reply: RCR 414 BIG BORE KIT AND STAGE1 EXHAUST FOR 01 TRAILBOSS