Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Ideas on how to prevent quad theft

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 04:23 PM
Range Rover
Scared to death of girls!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Rockey,

Thought I would touch upon another area of your post. If you are going to Bluff Mountain to stay, you can't ride your own four wheelers there. We were going to do that recently, only to find out it around 50 bucks an hour and you have to use their machines. An awesome,and I mean awesome, place to ride is nearby. It's called Coal Creek Mining, it's in Oliver Springs. We rode seven straight days there earlier this month. I didn't want to leave. It was worth a trip from Michigan. We are looking to go back already. If you want any info about riding there, let me know.

Scott

Old 04-24-2002, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

Cover all your basis. Pull the key, and turn off the fuel...if they are retarded, they won't get very far, think it's broke, and leave it. If you are riding with a buddy, park side by side head to tail and chain em around the axles, frame, a-arms, whatever to make the tires useless for rolling away or pushing onto a trailer. But like the others said, if they have the intention to do it, they come prepared and will do whatever, so insurance is good!!

Old 04-25-2002, 11:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

I work worked in the home security field for a while, and would have to say honestly, security monitering stickers a lawn sign and a couple of fake security cameras with red blinking leds so you can't miss them will work just fine. Most theives are just lazy and dumb and won't know the difference. I know I have installed them for people who can't afford the real thing and they seem to work.
Rader

Old 04-25-2002, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

biggin,

Now that's what I call home defense! Nothing like a good ol' semi auto .30-06 to get someones attention.

Rockey,

On some models of Polaris, it is possible to loop a lock around the chain and sprocket. They don't go far that way, trust me I know. Unless the hoodlum is a He-Man, I don't see them carrying the machines off. Also check out the trailer vise. It connects to the axle and locks the machine down in leiu of tie downs.

Old 04-25-2002, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

On the road my Expedition has an NRA sticker on the back. The plates say ARMED. And I do carry at least my handgun always since my trips to western ND are long and the gun laws are quite lenient.

At home I have a DPS AR-15 with 30 round clip and a Benelli Super Black Eagle shotgun. But we are in a very good neighborhood and those may intimidate the neighbors too much even some know that I have them. My Sig Sauer 9mm was my gun of choice the other night.

I bolted out of my house in my underwear bearing the Sig. It was 30 degrees outside and the wind was gusting at 40 mph. It seems my roof cap had ripped and was pounding against the side of the house. My adreneline was up there though as the loud crashing made it seem like someone was breaking in.

The next day the one of the neighbors commented on my skivies. It seems the racket on my house got him up too and to my credit he was checking over my house for burglers from his own property. Thanks neighbor.

Old 04-25-2002, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

this might not help , but if you caught in a tight spot, we always back our trucks ( or trailer if you use one ) up to a light pole, means it would take several thieves to pick up the fourwheeler and get it out of the truck/trailer and set it down. not likely for a bunch of loser people anyways....