Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Why buy American

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why buy American

But anyway, you want some facts about Bush?? Here are a few...
Glad you brought those up, and backed up much of the info.

I saw a couple I really wanted to comment on and am going to break down each one so its easier for me to do, and everyone to read etc.

Still please remember as much as I can credit or fault the current president I also do the same for all those currently in office for being part of the program.

>The nation faces a record $500 billion deficit. The biggest cause of the deficit is Bush's tax cuts. Source: www.govexec.com
I cant offer any published proof for my opinion on this, but I think its pretty simple to understand that cutting taxes in general will reduce the amount of dollars collected, but that is not really a bad thing as I know we are all (no matter to income) paying too much anyhow, and some are even choking due to them. Now as far as only cutting taxes for the most wealthy americans I do think this is close to the truth, and pretty much just another part of the problem with paybacks for political contributions. If all tax cuts were caused to be across the board to all levels then maybe it would work better overall.

>The Bush Administration is systematically turning back 30 years of environmental progress. Source: Sierra Club
This is a tough one due to the games played by all political types and the sierra club as well. Much of the conditions that cause there opinion relate to things that directly effect our sport. They do not seperate the industrial and auto emission standards changes from actions that actually allow US citizens to enjoy Federal lands. This is actually one of my largest gripes with the environmentalists in general, and if they can not see the difference between losening the regulations on industrial polutants and allowing a safe area for motorized offroad vehicle use then they will continue to have problems, and we all suffer.

>President Bush is under-funding education with the smallest percentage increase in funding in eight years. Source: Committee on Education and the Workforce
Thats a good thing if you ask me since it has been proven (the state of NJ throws more $$$ at education than much of the nation, and has shown that you have to address a problem directly and throwing more $$$ onto the problem only wastes taxppayer money) over and again that education levels and funding do not go hand in hand. I cant say that the money is being better spent elseware, but from my direct experiences in dealing with various school districts the larger funded ones seem to only waste more $$$ overall and do not provide any increases in education levels.

>2.9 million jobs have been lost under the Bush Administration. Source: New York Times
I have to call out the NYT on this one since I think though this may deffinately be true I would really like to see the amount of lost jobs (all of them not just the ones not replaced by walmart or wendys) over the last 30 years and then compare them to there numbers here. Like I said above its really the work of more than one man, and this didnt all happen over night, or 6 years either.

>Bush's Medicare bill helps corporations, not the elderly. 43.6 million U.S. citizens do not have health care. Source: www.misleader.org
I can not dispute the acutal numbers, but that seems pretty much inline with what our govt has been doing over the last 20+ years no matter who was in office. Health care is a rising problem, and with all the powerfull and wealthy concerns involved (all have serious capital, drug co's, dr's, ins co's etc) it honestly seems that the only loser will continue to be the us citizen.

>>Halliburton, the company where Vice President Dick Cheney was CEO, was given multi-billion dollar contracts in Iraq without competitive bidding. Source: New York Review of Books
>Pentagon officials found that Halliburton overcharged the U.S. government by $61 million for gasoline in Iraq. Source: Associated Press
this is not suprizing at all, and I think if any of us was to actually be able to understand the amount of wasted dollars spent by the federal govt we would be sick if not dead from the shock. As most any GSA contractor will know its not unusual for the govt to actually pay a premium on many of the items it buys, and if your company is fortunate enuogh to have the $$$ to make sizable contributions or employ a future or current govt offical then it would seem the sky is the limit. Only real issue I have with this one is that I think its obvious that this is not the first or the last time something like this has happened.

>Bush has tried to roll back more than 200 of America 's environmental laws. The United States emits more greenhouse gases than any other country. Source: Rolling Stone
How many of those were related to offroad vehicle access? Damn politics, do we have to take the good with the bad all the time.

Thats the ones that I feel are debateable, and the fact that the original post reads like an anti bush propoganda written by an opposing party etc makes it hard to really get into it more. I dont and am not defending anyone, but again there are literally thousands of politicians in America, and they all seem to play the same damn game, and I can only feel right to allow them all to share the blame for the conditions our country is in. Sure the bush administration has done some seriously stupid, scary, and potentially illegal things, but they are not in this alone and everyone involved needs to be held accountable as their actions as a whole effect us all.

All I can assume is that beyond the obvious increase in military contractors business and all the various support business etc is that there really has not been any positive side to all of this nonsense to the american public, and except for the increase short term in jobs related to supporting the war I can only see additional decline to the american worker in general. So just like business as usual the only ones benefiting from these recent and current events is the same old group of the wealthiest americans and corporations along with a small group of politicians who are grabbing at all the little pieces they can.

No matter who you blame or exactly what you believe or not the real question seems to always come back the same: WTF are we preparred to do about it!!!!

There are constant reports holding much merit of all kinds of offenses by those leading our govt, but if its all just allowed to continue then what are we doing besides wasting our time. If no one is going to stand up and make a serious attempt to make a difference in any way its all for nill. Maybe if we would stop fooling ourselves and get involved directly with our local and state level politics, and as americans in general accept that we need to change the "one party with two doors" political system and put in a little effort to find the best candidate and stop eliminating independents only because were brain washed into thinking they dont have a chance (remember Perot?) on all levels then maybe there would be some hope for improving things.

Like your job, your house, your toys etc and want to improve your life and not watch it all dwindle to nothing? Then you had better take this stuff serious because as China grows and its own quality of life of its people increases so will its expense and we may actually find that we cant even afford the Chinese junk were buying now, and then what?

Old 01-03-2006, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

Congratulations on your successful search of the left-wing blogs for Bush-bashing material. Another typical response from the left.
You really think Bush is responsible for the Katrina disaster? It is has been proven that Ray Nagin would not allow the Red Cross to enter with their trucks to deliver supplies to the remaining victims. That fact, I got from the Red Cross website. Nagin did not want the trucks to enter because he did not want to encourage people to stay. Might have been a good idea but, in no way can you blame that on Bush. You will anyway.
Kathleen Blanco was contacted by FEMA as well as the White House multiple times in the days leading up to the hurricane. Blanco refused the government's offers of assistance. You see, in order for the armed forces to be allowed to enter the city (this includes the National Guard), Marshal Law has to be declared. When Marshal Law is declared, the office holders of that state then relinquish their authority to the federal gov't. Blanco was too proud to give up her "power" to allow the aid in. People died because of this but, that is Bush's fault too.
This is the problem with the left. No matter how poor the outcome of their actions, as long as they claim to have good intentions, all is forgotten and fingers continue to be pointed to the right.
Can any reasonable, halfway intelligent person believe that Bush is the reason for all of the problems listed in all of the previous threads of this post?
This whole thing started because I plainly and simply pointed out that Byrd is, not was, a racist.
I am sorry that you are unhappy with the President chosen by the majority of Americans, twice. In 2 years, you can vote again for your candidate of choice. I am not completely happy with President Bush however, you don't have to be Nostradamus to know that Kerry was not the answer.
Have a nice day.

Old 01-03-2006, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

Originally posted by: sp600towtruck
Not including Katrina, or the election (which did swing on the state that his brother is the govoner, mmm?), never saw the Michael Moore movie, and when I left the movie theatre after seeing Footloose, I was with 2 girls, we were all in the 4th grade, and I knew I couldn't dance then.
Didn't I just say "not including Katrina?"
Or the election,
and I never saw the Michael Moore movie,
and I admitted that I couldn't dance when I left "Footloose"

And WOW...you know EVERYTHING that went on with Katrina...All the way from New York???
You should have been down there commanding operations. You probably would have gotten more done than the state and federal agencies combined!

BTW...facts are facts...Don't you believe them? It's not my fault that they are readily available, and that Bush probably has the longest negative list in the history of the presidency.

Old 01-04-2006, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

I stand corrected on the Katrina take, I quickly perused your post and certain things jumped out at me.
Let's say Jeb (only one man) was able to move across Florida in less than one day and stuff all of the ballot boxes in favor of his brother? Not even Santa Claus could pull that off. Besides, the Dems poured millions into investigating these allegations. Nobody could find anything. Even after the recount. But who the hell needs facts when you want to blame the President for all of your problems.
Even if the election was "rigged", what is the excuse for him getting elected to a 2nd term? Get over it, turn the page and stop blaming everyone else. Offer a solution, become politically active or put forth a candidate worth voting for. Hell, if the Democratic party put someone up that didn't cater to the radical-left, I would vote for him. As long as they keep pushing people like Hillary Clinton on us, the Democrats will not win office.

Have a nice day.
p.s. I don't believe that you left the movies after seeing Footloose and did not try to dance. lol

Old 01-04-2006, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

Originally posted by: Fahq p.s. I don't believe that you left the movies after seeing Footloose and did not try to dance. lol
That was so long ago, I might have danced, or at least tried. What was that 1983-84 school year? 4th grade for me.......Man I'm getting old. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

Ok, ok, as long as we are admitting things. I may have never danced after Footloose but, I might have seen an episode or 2 of Melrose Place.

Old 01-09-2006, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

Originally posted by: Fahq
Ok, ok, as long as we are admitting things. I may have never danced after Footloose but, I might have seen an episode or 2 of Melrose Place.

So thats what happens to those who watched that show, damn hope you recoup soon [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

A side note about something I found interesting.

I was cleaning out some stuff over the weekend and noticed some of the stuff I packed away (actually new shirts and stuff I forgot to unpack lol) that was mostly all tagged "made in the USA" and I found that odd so I starting trying to figure why most of the things in my closet today that are new are made someplace in the east, but these items (about 6-8 yrs old) were mostly US made?

I dont want to become another finger pointer blaming one man for all the mess we have because I absolutely realize that our country and our economy are very complex and there are thousands of people behind it all, but who ever is behind this admin needs to know were starting to make connections to our problems, and their running our leadership in the white house.

You cant rate an entire economy by one closet (well actually it was two, but you know what I mean) but I can see the changes that have accompanied the point of origin marking on the clothing, and also the decline in the quality of the products they are sewn into. What does tick me off though is that were actually paying more for inferior products that are costing the companies who are selling or getting them to us a whole lot less. Yes that suks!!!

Old 01-09-2006, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

Clinton opened up trade with China. Just saw an interesting PBS show on Wallmart. It shows Clinton there allowing trade with China and then later on it shows Wallmart buying lots and lots from them. Rubbermaid for one suffered from this.

It was sad when they showed how China bought the huge Rubbermaid plastic injection machine in KY. at auction to take back to China. I guess we sold one big thing to China - disgust.

Old 01-09-2006, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

people blame bush for every negative thing, even mad cow disease. as far as katrina is concerned, i was severely effected by it and can tell you that all levels of govt failed and we were under marshall law for a while. Some businesses still are. FEMA was extremely slow to respond and should have had trucks staged somewhere, ready to deploy... A hurricane gives a few days warning and everyone knew it was going to hit somewhere on the coast near us...Nagin and Blanco warned people to get out in advance. I dont think they will win re-election over all the finger pointing, but in their defense, warnings were issued. Some preperation FEMA's part would have been nice. Did you notice that when hurricane rita hit Texas, they prepared in advance with buses, etc? no one ever beleived the big one was to hit new orleans..but it did. there was a line of cars on the interstate that you would not beleive of evacuees. but new orleans and the area we lived was spared the worst of it...

we could debate for hours about bush being good or bad... but heres the deal:
the job loss was not related to anything bush did, if so name the act, executive order, whatever. the job loss was resulting from an economic downturn - a normal cycle of the economy- that was already in motion BEFORE bush took office and the tech boom BUST. We were starting a recession in the last quarter of clinton. its a fact. Bush took office in an economic downturn, had NYC attacked 9 months later, the euro took off, corporate scandals were uncovered (that occured BEFORE Bush took office) and all this and companies getting greedy and sending jobs overseas to increase their bottomline while paying their CEOs MILLIONS MORE. No, Bush is not the reason for the economy, it is a multidude of factors. And under Bush, I have actually FINALLY gotten tax refunds instead of having to pay, and i am NOWHERE near the top 1%.

and on the environment- im glad bush rolled back some things and instituted others. how many forrest fires did you see on TV last summer as oppsed to years ago? Not as many i garrantee that. Screw the Sierra Club anyway. If they had their way, we would all be walking and looking at pictures of trails and sand dunes instead of being there.

on the deficit, most of that is increased military spending and the drug plan that had now kicked in for seniors. Oh by the way, the 'surplus' clinton had PROJECTED (key word) for the next 10 years, NEVER was real money. It was all projected and contigent upon the economy growng at an agressive rate for 10yrs, no additional military spending (actually cuts)...it was never money in the bank as everyone beleives. projected. not real. illusion. good PR.

you know why no one buys american? b/s they are careless, they make crap and b/c of the UAW mentality and what it has done to GM and Ford. They screwed themselves over, so dont blame that on Bush too. When americans get off their fat, lazy @sses and make quality products that can rival toyota/lexus then i'll buy one.

i aslo agree that if the Dems put forth someone better than Kerry or Hillary, they might get my vote. I vote for who I like and they bring to the table not with party lines. im neither hardcore dem or republican.

Old 01-09-2006, 05:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

Originally posted by: hondabuster
sp600towtruck, good points and good documentation. Its hard to argue with facts.Something which has been lost in the discussions, which gets to the heart of the matter...is the dems and reps are in this together, and the american people are the target. Bush couldnt have done all of that with out help. The dems had to rollover, and the media has to play a role too.Ever notice how you have to go overseas to see real news stories? The media in this country is prevented from doing certain stories, and told to push others.Who really cares bout OJ or micheal jackson. Why isnt every paper in the country outraged, about the erosion of civil liberties and loss of freedom of speach. Could it be that they are part and partner with the politicians?The in fighting you see on the sunday morning news shows is all staged and according to script. They want you to believe they fight for your special interests, and they want the populus to fight among itself, so they can continue their dirty work.The real untouchable topic in the US, is the class warfare. How the wealthy elite are getting richer and more powerful, and the botttom 99% is barely treading water.Want proof? Who here, works less than 50 hours a week? Who here CANT recall mismanagement and fraud in thier own work place? How many here were prinicpals in a news story...only to find what was reported was spun?America wont get better until people who put america first, get into office, and vote for term limits and get rid of lobbying, and special interests. America needs an honest reporting of facts, with out spin, and an honest discussion of solutions.Jobs and money will keep going overseas, as long as the top 1% wage earners want it that way.
Excellent post there Hondabuster!

Quick Reply: Why buy American