Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Rode Z400 yesterday, not impressed

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a utility guy too, atleast until I bought my Z. When I first unloaded my Z and jumped on I had the same feeling as you, I wasn't impressed with it. It felt very small and ackward. After about 10 hours of seat time I got used to it and its become second nature to ride the Z. Now my utility quad feels like a huge tank. After the first day of riding I didn't like my Z and I thought I made a bad choice. I told myself to give it time and that I needed to learn the quad, this quad is something totally new to me and you can't expect to know how its going to work and behave after a 5 minute ride. You won't really appreciate the power until you get hours of seat time in it, you need to know where the power is and when to expect it. Its a blast now. I love it.

I do agree the DS650 Baja is a wicked quad and I would probably trade my Z off on a Bomb but they are so expensive where I live.

Don't be afraid of the forums, some people like to bash or are just annoyed from work or something and need to take out their stress and frustations on someone.

Old 08-08-2002, 08:17 PM
Range Rover

My neighbor brought over a lowered Z he uses for flattrack and it was a joke. Not the quad but me the driver. It had been so long since I rode a manual that I could barely ridethe Z. Everybody waslaughing at me. It was tough trying to shift after riding a a auto. Once I got the hang of it it felt pretty good. We both agreed though that my scrammy was still faster.

Ronnie

Old 08-09-2002, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

Funny, I dont take my frustrations out on people on here after work, why would I,everyone shares the same hobby, one that no matter how different we are, we all the same in one way, and that is we LOVE our quads and our sport. We should us the bashing time, to fight the land closures and the restrictions on our quads.
I stalled the quad once on take off, becaues i didnt' have a feel for where the clutch grabbed, then I was fine.
I would have a 650 in the garage if we had a Bomb dealer, but we dont have one in my part, so they are out of the question.
I talked to the mechanic at the Polaris shop tonight at the county fair, said the only thing he has seen on the Predator was the brochure, and they did not get to go to the dealer show.
So I will have to wait and check it out in a couple months

Old 08-09-2002, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

Polarisman,
I wouldn't take to much offense to what some of these people say. I don't understand why people get so upset if others don't have the same opinion as them. You like your Magnum better than a Z400, thats ok with me, if we all liked the same thing I guess there would only be one quad out there.

Old 08-11-2002, 03:52 AM
Pro Rider

Aw it's just cause these polaris folks can get 70hp out of a 400scrammy with just a pipe... Sez so in a dirt wheels add. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]