Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

do you need any special tools to remove primary clutch???

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 11:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the rally I am going to is up around duluth???
i think its geared more for trail rides & mud runs/races??? this will be my first year but my buddy goes every year and says its a blast(all the atv manufacturers. will be there??? polaris,arctic cat,etc
I just called my buddy to find out specifics and he wasn't home...i will post later for you!!!my wheeler is down for the count so I will be using a spare 350 rubicon WHHHEEEEEEWHOOOO!!!!
IT WOULD BE VERY COOL IF I COULD USE YOUR CLUTCH TOOL(modquad)
I am right off of HWY 65 striaght East of Elk River(close to princeton)
tues i get home around 5:00???going riding sunday for a while...PLEASE gimme a call (763)413-1751
P.S thanks for the e-bay tipoff i am gonna bid!!!(hopefully i can buy internals???
Thanks for all your help everyone!!!!!
Thanks
Dave

Old 09-02-2002, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

I told ya, VEGE, you shoulda bought the nice little kitty instead!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'll stop by and you can try out the AC 300 we found for you to ride tomorrow. The rally is in Cromwell. Which is west of Cloquet.(35 North to Hwy 210 West to Cromwell.) It's Sat. and Sun.

Anyone know how inter-changable polaris starters are. I have a '97 scram 400 that I am tired of pull starting. I checked the prices at the dealer and they had to pick me up of the floor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]. $400 for the starter and all hardware. I looked for an after-mkt to no avail!! Anybody know of a good place to look for a used starter?

OK LOCOMOFO--I WILL HAVE TO GET YOU ON A CAT. NEXT THING YOU KNOW YOU WILL BE SELLIN' YOUR OLD SLED AND BUYIN' A DITCH PICKLE!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] As for a wheeler you might as well buy a new CAT for all the parts you'll be buyin' for that SCRAMbeBOBBLed egg!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2002, 09:56 AM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

fangoELgato

I rebuilt my starter on my 1993 Trail Boss for about $40 in parts. It is easy to do and the only difficult part is removing the starter from the machine. A LONG 10mm wrench helps. I purchaced new brushes, both bearings and both bolt and case o-rings. I cleaned the starter assembly (all internals) very well with brake cleaner, installed the new parts and it worked great.

NOTE: Seal the outside of the starter housing (around the rubber seals) with high-temp sealant. This will water-proof the starter.

Old 09-02-2002, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider

Weedy, I would be interested in rebuilding sounds good. I need a core, though. I got this machine from a guy who didn't take real good care of her. When the starter went, he just tossed it.IDIOT!!
Know where I could find a junker starter to rebuild???

Old 09-02-2002, 11:30 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I've got the starter and bendix just collecting dust. Loco, I'll give you a call.

Ken

Old 09-03-2002, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

LOCOMOFO, Hey thanx for the help today putting that SCRAM back together!!!

MODQUAD---, I would be interested in that starter. When you get a hold of **** ask him for my #. I live about a hop or so from him. I do have a ? for you---I replaced my brake pads (rear) on the Scrambler and when I went for a ride I noticed that it was heatin' up pretty good. Is that normal? It doesn't seem to be binding all that bad, but it sure got hot. We started just taking short little rides, maybe a block or two, to break 'em in. It just seemed odd to me that they would get that hot.

Old 09-03-2002, 02:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Fango,
My 99 is a concentric drive, I'm not all that familiar with the non-concentrics...obviously I know the brake is up by the front sprocket. I would suggest checking the slide-pins (that's if it's like a conventional disk brake caliper). You can clean these, and apply a thin film of high-temp anti-sieze (copper colored). If there's someone else out there with experience with these, maybe they'll pipe in.

Ken