Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hey i saw the pretator yesterday looked pretty kewl and i just have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 04:47 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey i saw the pretator yesterday looked pretty kewl and i just have a few questions

I have one on the way and I agree with derby king. Realistically you wouldnt pit a 350 against a 454. In this case though its more like a 396 against a 454. although its alot cheaper to make a 396 make 500 hp than a 454(100% fact so dont arque with me). There is NO replacement for displacement. Say that ten times and you will never forget it. I have a quote for you " horsepower sells cars, torque wins races". Spoken by one of the most racenist individuals in history, Shelby. Them big bore bikes have whoopass torque. Id be pleased if my predator lost gracefully. With some mods it should be a pretty mean bike. Time tells all.
A four stroke always has better torque over a 2 stroke. The banshee can be made to make mean hp but it lags in torque. I eagerly wait to see this rx1 perform. A 360 diesel will outpull a 360 gas up a hill because of monstrous downlow torque. When the hp runs out the torque is what keeps the crank spinning. I once pulled 20+ tons of trailer through a mud hole. My springs were never the same but it is capable. 3500# tongue weight. I think I was over my gcwr. LOL
As for ds650, some people like attention even if its negative. We had one on my favorite diesel site. We have this great button labeled ignore.

Old 10-30-2002, 11:17 AM
Range Rover
Default Hey i saw the pretator yesterday looked pretty kewl and i just have a few questions

whoa..... are we talking about cars, trucks, or 4 wheelers here?

Old 10-30-2002, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

Mod, I realized you were talking about modded Scramblers I was replying to Buba's post about the sc500 with just a slip on beating up a DS.

A friend of mine has a Predator on order He traded in his (just replaced tranny and motor) Raptor for it. I cannot wait to ride it I think from all the talk it sounds sweet. I hope it is faster and better than all the rest, I hope that every time they come out with a new quad! Competition is the best thing to force everybody to make there product faster and better.

Somewhere along that line I lost the truck engine car motor metaphor.

Nocando

Old 10-30-2002, 03:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hoover,

Quit busting these guys *****.

The truth is the Predator is an impressive machine. I have seen them twice now, and they are as impressive to me as the C'dale's(huge compliment). As a matter or fact I was witness to several races between a new Cannible and the Predator and the Predator won everytime,BUT the predator had paddles and the C'dale didn't.

I have also seen what a Modified(port/polish etc.) 400 polaris can do, and lets just say I was Humbled.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

I have a pretty fast DS(for stock) and if i give the Predator a 1/2 second headstart, I can barely catch it at 100yrds. In my book Predator wins!

I really believe that the Predator is as Advertised, and would be proud to own one.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 10-30-2002, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

RaptorRider660R

I was refering to modded scramblers for the most part. No comparison to a stock one (Night and Day)
As for my comment on the 500X with just a slip on. Well I seen it. Only thing I can think of is the 500X is lighter than a standard 500 Scrammy in comparison. His 500 is certainly quicker than a standard 500. I think they are around 50Lb lighter or so. So how was this DS running? Seem to be running just behind the piped raptors.

As for a truely all out modded 400 Scrambler. They will take just about any 4 stroke currently (Raptor, DS 650).
Really not fair though (2 stroke Vs 4 stroke)

My 99 is pushing 64HP compared to stock @ 37hp. but it is also 530 Lbs (One fast 4x4)

Old 10-30-2002, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

BisB..from what i saw...me you and QuadMan650 were beating the Predator all around...???...I might be mistaken...But at the end of the hill I know I was in front....except when i missed that gear. Id like you to know that the DS is now in pieces BisB.....I found out a lot of stuff on the DS...My A-arm Bushings are out(its an 02 Baja)...and all of the grease fitting areas...need to be greased EVERY ride...rust was forming on my A-arm bolts. Oh well....The DS is about to be Bright Fiji Blue Metallic and the frame is going to be Bright Orange...Cant wait till next ride

Old 10-31-2002, 05:18 AM
Trailblazer

Talis I was sharing practical experience. It applies.

Old 10-31-2002, 01:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hoover,

We were beating the Predators, but they were stock.

All I am saying is Stock for stock, I believe the Predator will be at the top along with the C'dale, closely followed by the Bomb, and the Raptor in sheer acceleration. This is not a "put down" towards any machine really, we all know in stock form the DS lacks in bottom end, and the Raptor lacks in mid-range. The C'dale(and I believe the Predator) are tuned higher from factory and have better all around powerbands.

No one is going to come out with a Stock machine to "rule" modified machines. But I am glad to see company's that are taking C'dale's lead and start tuning the motors higher from factory, and Hopefully the trend will keep Yamaha, Honda, and Bomb intrigued, and then we all will benefit from this in the future.(450cc class)

Sounds like your Baja is going through a Metamorphous stage, should look killer!!! Send pics when she gets done.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 11-01-2002, 01:37 AM
Weekend Warrior