Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Will Polaris have an answer for the Kawasaki V Force 700

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Polaris have an answer for the Kawasaki V Force 700

I think they did. It's called the Predator. The fact that the Prairie doesn't have the all important compression braking (EBS) will hurt them in the long run. Not to mention that you will need more suspension to compete with the big boys and even the aftermarket won't give them that. The rear suspension can't take much more suspension travel due to the shaft drive. The drive line angles are stressed even at the mere 7.9" it has now. Sure most of the IRS quads have more, but you also have two CV joints on an IRS machine compared to one on a conventional swing arm. That plus the weight (500 lbs) will hurt them.

Frankly, no magazine worth it's salt is going to give the win to them because of sheer motor power. In the Sport quad world it takes handling to win too. Although I can see it winning easily in both the Hi Torque rags, mostly because the editors are driven more by "cubic advertising dollars" than real world performance.

Old 12-22-2002, 10:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Polaris have an answer for the Kawasaki V Force 700

Yeah the Predator is probably one of the best machines ever made but Polaris has been building automatics for a long time it's great that they built a more race designed machine for the people who want that as an option but they could produce an Atv that was based on the Scrambler design and make the type of improvements like PRO steering and lighter frame etc. I'm sure it would be much better than the Kawasaki and I'm sure I'm not the only one who would buy one. We all can Dream.