Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Yes...The Predator beats the Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2002, 01:24 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes...The Predator beats the Raptor

Let me first start by saying that I'm new here, and take these test results for what they are worth. My two friends picked up these new Predators this past week. I like quads(owneda TRX250R back in the day), but I'm more into bikes. I ride a 03 CRF450. First, the quality of the Polaris is not as nice as say the Japenes bikes but it is nice. Secondly, they use TORX and AMERICAN sized bolts(what a pain) The quads stock are definatly heavy, being that these two guys came off a 88' TRX250R and a MX Banshee. I have been reading all these posts about who beats who, and figured when all my friends get together (my other friend has a 01 Banshee and an 02 Raptor) we'll have a friendly race. The Banshee has Cool Head, Toomey Pipes, Delta FOrce Reeds. The Raptor had the Factory Yamaha carbon Pipe, and an airfilter/jetkit. I was on the Raptor and my friend Tony was on his new Predator. We did 5 roll ons from 2nd gear, at all different rpm ranges. ALL 5 times the Predator jumped out 5-7 bike lengths by the top of 5th gear (we ran out of room). The Banshee sufferend the same fate. Both the Banshee and the Raptor had very low hours (about 20-30) and the Predator had about 5hrs. This was just a race to satisfy my questions, like I said I ride bikes. Wait till there is aftermarket parts for the Predator.......That bike will be nice.

Old 12-25-2002, 01:30 AM
Trailblazer

Nice!!!!!!! guys, take it for a grain of salt.....But here come all the "they must be crappy drivers" responses......*sigh*

Old 12-25-2002, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

since i own both a 01 raptor and a new polaris predator, I can say the predator is definately a faster machine. This predator seems to really shine when it is revved very high, simular to the power delivery of a cannondale.

Old 12-25-2002, 02:01 AM
Pro Rider

i dont own either and have nothing to gain but ive seen the opposite i seen a stock raptor racing a predator with a pipe dont know if it was stock but it said white bros on pipe and the raptor was putting about three links on him at about 5 or 6 hundred feet my po is the raptor edges it by a bit

Old 12-25-2002, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider

Yep.... here we go. Raptor owners will jump on this thread to try to prove theirs is the biggest, I mean fastest.

I look at it this way "Run what cha brung, and hope you brung enough" !

Oh, the slip on for the Predator says "Pure Polaris" on it in. Below that in VERY small letters it says White Brothers.

Old 12-25-2002, 11:33 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Put pipes/jets/open the airbox up a little on the rappys,dales. It is all going to come down to the holeshot. No one is going to smoke the other in 300 feet. In 660 the most hp will show thru even with a bad start. The aftermaket potential for the predator will never reach the raptor level. Suzuki is going to have a lot available to them. That will be more interesting to me. We had 686's rappy and high strung bombs out 2 weeks ago. The predator is good quad, and they will sell a bunch of them. But it will never mod out to run with 703s', 720 DS's or the 686, 727 rappys. I doubt if the polaris guys want to go that far anyway.

Old 12-25-2002, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

Teamz400 do you even own a quad????? I see you jumping in on every conversation about the predator and you defend it to death but if you ride you would know most of the time if you have a great rider on a junk quad you'll get good results. I'm not saying that other quads are junk heck I rode a jerry rigged 250 sport with a 250 quadracer motor in it for four years before I decided to finally upgrade. I have a buddy that says his 300ex is the fastest quad around lol. This day and age money talks if you have it you can have the fastest thing in the world. I've spent alot of time standing out in the frezzing rain, snow, 110 degree weather, and 14-19 hour days to afford my toys and YES I am proud of my acomplishments. I still haven't seen a predator run but they may be fast but there will always be something better. untill someone runs them in a sanctioned drag race and get accurate results with switching drivers then I will listen to claims of mines better than yours. Get one to go to something like FSW or Aledo where things will be equal with flagers or timers to get your results. GOOD BYE

Old 12-25-2002, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

The predator is good quad, and they will sell a bunch of them. But it will never mod out to run with 703s', 720 DS's or the 686, 727 rappys. I doubt if the polaris guys want to go that far anyway.
14min...I have one question. Would you ever admit to losing to a Polaris?

Old 12-25-2002, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

14 - What makes you think the aftermarket will ignore the Predator engine for mods?
The room for displacement increases is obviously not there (it won't go to 727), but, what if it went to 560 ? 580 ? or 530 ? Why can't the cams be built up and reground, why can't the carb be changed to a larger size? Why can't the head be ported ? Larger valves installed? Hi compression piston be made? CDI box modded? Alcohol poured in the tank? Nitrous ? Engines are air pumps, they don't care who made them.

It's pretty arrogant to assume the Raptor and DS650 are the only 4 stroke Quads that mods really apply to. Just think when the Raptor and Bomb were first released, what was available for mods the first day the public could buy one? And now? Why would the Predator be different?

I have modded everything I have ever owned, including the 1967 Chevy truck that runs 10.60's @ 130. I will mod the Predator, do I want the fastest Predator made ? No, but if it works out that way it'd be fine with me.

I say this to the aftermarket manufacturers, BRING IT ON, I'm ready !!

Old 12-25-2002, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

hey there truck racer i already told you i didnt own either one and as soon as i post that you make smart a$$ comments wtf. i was just posting what i seen. im sure polaris will be competitive in the future but as ive seen now its not. and puddle jumper i would never admit losing to a polaris

Quick Reply: Yes...The Predator beats the Raptor