Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Just in case you didn't see...Pred. Vs. Glamis 440 article

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just in case you didn't see...Pred. Vs. Glamis 440 article

Originally posted by: Snowride
Wtf makes me a kid just cause im 15 and im younger than then u that makes me a kid ha.
EXPERIENCE!!!!!! OLD FARTS A farmer goes out one day and buys a brand new stud rooster for his chicken coop. The new rooster struts over to the old rooster and says, "OK old fart, time for you to retire." The old rooster replies, "Come on, surely you cannot handle ALL of these chickens. Look what it has done to me. Can't you just let me have the two old hens over in the corner?" The young rooster says, "Beat it: You are washed up and I am taking over." The old rooster says, "I tell you what, young stud. I will race you around the farmhouse. Whoever wins gets the exclusive domain over the entire chicken coop." The young rooster laughs. "You know you don't stand a chance old man. So, just to be fair I will give you a head start." The old rooster takes off running. About 15 seconds later the young rooster takes off running after him. They round the front porch of the farmhouse and the young rooster has closed the gap. He is already about 5 inches behind the old rooster and gaining fast. The farmer, meanwhile, is sitting in his usual spot on the front porch when he sees the roosters running by. He grabs his shotgun and - BOOM - He blows the young rooster to bits. The farmer sadly shakes his head and says, "Dammit... third qay rooster I bought this month." Moral of this story.... Don't mess with the OLD FARTS - age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!
It took all of that to try to get your point across yet u proved nothing. U stated no facts about the pred or dale but u come up with some bunk story about chickens oh man that is very wise of u. A word of advice to u is if u ever go to a retirement home that u keep your life insurence up to date.

Old 12-31-2002, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: heath0310
what makes you a kid is the fact that you not an adult, the fact that your not old enough to buy cigarettes or beer. thats what makes you a kid! heres a qoute directly from the review "Each quad was very close, with the Predator generally winning." and you brag about the one pic they have of the c-dale winning. look at the other 5 pics of the predator winning.
Oh man that's awesome that I can't buy beer and cigarettes just like u cause boy that would be awesome to die from lung cancer or any other disease caused by alcohol and tobacco.Some of yall adults must feel proud to waste your paycheck on beer and get wasted when u could be spending that money on better stuff like on your quads, kids, or anything.

Old 12-31-2002, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

The Predator was sluggish in the low end but pulled good in the higher RPM’d mid to top end. We found that it was not able to pull 5th gear when we were wide open on a flat surface. The power is much more linear compared to the Cannondale.

So this means the Pred is geared way to high and has trouble pulling 5th gear? Or are they just complaining you can't hit the rev limiter in 5th gear?

Old 12-31-2002, 06:10 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: bbertram
The Predator was sluggish in the low end but pulled good in the higher RPM’d mid to top end. We found that it was not able to pull 5th gear when we were wide open on a flat surface. The power is much more linear compared to the Cannondale.

So this means the Pred is geared way to high and has trouble pulling 5th gear? Or are they just complaining you can't hit the rev limiter in 5th gear?
no. the predator, for the type of power it has and when it comes in, is poorly geared for dunes. gearing it down one tooth in the front cures the problem. the test said a XR650 sprocket is a perfect match to the Pred so you can use those.

Old 12-31-2002, 06:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: 727Banshee
Originally posted by: heath0310
what makes you a kid is the fact that you not an adult, the fact that your not old enough to buy cigarettes or beer. thats what makes you a kid! heres a qoute directly from the review "Each quad was very close, with the Predator generally winning." and you brag about the one pic they have of the c-dale winning. look at the other 5 pics of the predator winning.
Oh man that's awesome that I can't buy beer and cigarettes just like u cause boy that would be awesome to die from lung cancer or any other disease caused by alcohol and tobacco.Some of yall adults must feel proud to waste your paycheck on beer and get wasted when u could be spending that money on better stuff like on your quads, kids, or anything.

actually like you i am a kid. im only 16. i used beer and cigarettes as a sign of adulthood (the legal drinking and smoking age.) being 18 or 21 is the age when ppl are considered adults. you are only 15, that is what makes you a kid.

Old 12-31-2002, 06:37 PM
Range Rover

I am so glad to see that Polaris has stepped up to the plate and hit a grand slam with the Predator. I can't get enough riding time on mine since I picked it up two weeks ago. I love eveything about it!! As far as the Predator vs. Cannondale....bring it on c-dale

Old 12-31-2002, 06:52 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: 727Banshee
Originally posted by: Snowride
Wtf makes me a kid just cause im 15 and im younger than then u that makes me a kid ha.
EXPERIENCE!!!!!! OLD FARTS A farmer goes out one day and buys a brand new stud rooster for his chicken coop. The new rooster struts over to the old rooster and says, "OK old fart, time for you to retire." The old rooster replies, "Come on, surely you cannot handle ALL of these chickens. Look what it has done to me. Can't you just let me have the two old hens over in the corner?" The young rooster says, "Beat it: You are washed up and I am taking over." The old rooster says, "I tell you what, young stud. I will race you around the farmhouse. Whoever wins gets the exclusive domain over the entire chicken coop." The young rooster laughs. "You know you don't stand a chance old man. So, just to be fair I will give you a head start." The old rooster takes off running. About 15 seconds later the young rooster takes off running after him. They round the front porch of the farmhouse and the young rooster has closed the gap. He is already about 5 inches behind the old rooster and gaining fast. The farmer, meanwhile, is sitting in his usual spot on the front porch when he sees the roosters running by. He grabs his shotgun and - BOOM - He blows the young rooster to bits. The farmer sadly shakes his head and says, "Dammit... third qay rooster I bought this month." Moral of this story.... Don't mess with the OLD FARTS - age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!
It took all of that to try to get your point across yet u proved nothing. U stated no facts about the pred or dale but u come up with some bunk story about chickens oh man that is very wise of u. A word of advice to u is if u ever go to a retirement home that u keep your life insurence up to date.

i found Snowride's analogy quite funny.

lol a brand new quad, polaris's first sport bike, equal and sometimes better than a cannondale built for the sand, that tells u Polaris definatly did awsome for there first true sport bike. like Snowride said, they just raised the bar, with there first attempt at a 5-speed manual sport bike. thats impressive.

Old 12-31-2002, 06:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, I sure am glad I dont have any of these new quads. I love reading all you guys slamming one another. Actually it's all the other guys from the other forums trying to come in here and slam us Polaris guys and tell us why the other brands are better. You dont have to try to prove the others are better because we already know. Polaris rule, but dont worry Josh, I like the Banshees with that light switch power myself. I'm buying a new one before they go away.Bubba

Old 12-31-2002, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

I got my 1st ride on a Pretor yesterday and that thing rips.I would say it will hang with
a speed and probley come down to the rider.I think mine with the hmf slip on and moto map has a litle edge on it.I didnt get to test the handling I just made straight runs down the street.I would like to make a few laps on a mx track to see whats it about.
I dont think it would do as good as a speed being about 50lbs heaver.I could be wrong though I seen some raptors get some good air.It will defantly out run a stock raptor
and z/kfx400.Over all it looked to be a good bike but only time will tell.

If Cannondale didnt open the big 4's eyes the Predator should!!!

Old 12-31-2002, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

[/quote]no. the predator, for the type of power it has and when it comes in, is poorly geared for dunes. gearing it down one tooth in the front cures the problem. the test said a XR650 sprocket is a perfect match to the Pred so you can use those.[/quote]

The only problem I see with this change is once you drop a tooth on the front sprocket you'll get better acceleration on the bottom end but you will lose at least 5 mph on the top end. So if the two quads are close before the change the one that didn't change the ratio is going to walk away from the one that dropped that one tooth. Just an observation that I've seen many times.

Quick Reply: Just in case you didn't see...Pred. Vs. Glamis 440 article