Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Just in case you didn't see...Pred. Vs. Glamis 440 article

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just in case you didn't see...Pred. Vs. Glamis 440 article

Originally posted by: 727Banshee
[QWtf makes me a kid just cause im 15 and im younger than then u that makes me a kid ha. Well I bet I could run circles around u in every thing. Do u know how to use C++ and Visual Basic to program I most likely think not. Do u work on your own quad(maybe)? Are u a starting middle linebacker on the varsity team( I think not)?? .
Once you get some real world experience you will see the light. So you can program, work on your own quad, and be a linebacker. Come to DC where I work and see if ya can handle takeing down a drug dealer who's most likely armed with no protective gear on in a dark alley. Yes I played football and it's alot harder to do this because they don't fight fair and there is no referee to break it up. And YES I do do all the work on my own stuff.

Old 12-31-2002, 08:41 PM
Trailblazer

Man I nailed that one!! I knew he was a kid!! I have a 15 year old boy and we ride all the time, and yes I still smoke him. Not for long, he is good. I do ALL my own work, Im in the U.S. Navy, defend this country YOU ride in, and still find time to play with my kid. No offense, you will grow up, we all do.
PD!

Old 12-31-2002, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

727Banshee,

Relax. You are a still a kid. This is a good thing in my eyes. The way I see it, the longer you can be a kid at heart, the better. I see myself growing up every day. I realize new things, and like they say, you learn something new every day. If you ever get a chance to look back at this post 5 years from now, maybe even 2 years or a year from now, you will see that what you are saying means jack squat to the rest of the real world(in short...REDICULOUS!) Sure, you work on your own quad, play football, can work on computers, and probly still maintain a good GPA, just remember one thing...you are still living under mom and/or dad's roof.

I don't know what you are going to come up with as a reply. I don't know what you are thinking of this or everyone else's replies. I don't really care at all. It is all up to you. What you said makes you sounds like you think you are hot stuff. Someday, hopefully, you will realize you are not. Don't get all defensive. This is just the way I interpreted your comments. Let me tell you this...you will NOT run circles around me in everything, nor will you run circles around anyone else with everything. Or should I say anything, only because I don't think half the people here really care who is better at what around here.

You are a kid and I am a kid. I am 17. I hope to be a kid at HEART as long as possible, yet grow and mature mentally. I have no clue where I am going at here...I'm just pretty much saying YOU ARE STILL A KID! And this IS a good thing!

Old 12-31-2002, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

We found that it was not able to pull 5th gear when we were wide open on a flat surface. The power is much more linear compared to the Cannondale.
I found that my predator will not launch in 2nd gear with sand paddles. It does feel to high geared in the sand with paddles and stock gearing.
The 13 tooth sprocket is on the way![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I have rode a FX 400 a year ago, man that this was very fast taking off. It was a friends with a HMF slip on silencer. I got to drag race it several times at little sahara OK. I would launch it in 2nd gear with 8 paddle haulers with no problems. I don't know if it had stock gears but it was very impressive. I am not brand loyal, so whoever has the best bang for the buck gets my dough. Cannondale is VERY expensive and possibly aimed toward the pro racers rather than the weekend rider. JMO
turbo bobby

Old 01-01-2003, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider

I think that 727Banshee is sore beacuse the predator was faster.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-01-2003, 06:17 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Who said C'dales sucked? You've got to give them credit for continuing on this factory hot rod phase. There are tons of great choices out there, pick your fave, it's great to have brand loyalty. Just take a moment to think that others have their faves (which probably, and thankfully differ from your's, not a bad thing)and the freedom of choice can only help the popularity of the ATV's keep on growing.

Also, the engineers are here, stateside. Please do some research before flying off the handle. You gain credibility much quicker. There's lot's of really helpful people here, have fun riding your Shee, nice machine.
Ken

Old 01-01-2003, 12:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider

by dropping the front sprocket you don't always loose top speed in the sand . with the drag og the sand you might not be able to pull all of fifth gear put dropping will allow you to rev out thus getting more top end.

Old 01-01-2003, 04:38 PM
Trailblazer

Just to clear up some confusion on the Predator not pulling 5th gear. It will pull 5th on a flat surface with no grade. The problem with the drag race with the Cannondale is the terrain. It did have some small whoops and those will rob power by translating forward momemtum into suspension travel. If you watch the videos you can see how choppy the terrain is. When racing up hill both quads were nearly even but I could easily pull 4th in the Cannondale where I'd have to use 3rd on the predator. I have since dropped my gearing to a 13 tooth in front and have been very pleased. I must say that Cannondale and Polaris have awesome quads.

Drag race video
http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...ighlight_key=y

Old 01-01-2003, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

A huge difference between the two is the paddle tires. The Dale is running crappy molded Sand Sharks and the Predator is running lighter Skat Trak edge buffed paddles. Tire choice is critical on a four stroke machine and the Predator has an edge in this situation. I'm not making any excuses for the Dale but if you're going to drag race machines they should have identical tires. The Dale still runs extremely strong with only 432cc. and I wouldn't trade my aluminum framed machine for anything else. I will get a chance to ride a Predator shortly and I can't wait to ride something new and exciting.

By the way, whoever said Cannondales suck get a grip!

Old 01-02-2003, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

The moral of this story is
Old age and treachery will over come youth and skill every-time.

The only thing I don't get is a connondale being called a dune special, NOT.

Quick Reply: Just in case you didn't see...Pred. Vs. Glamis 440 article