Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Case Saver for Polaris Chain Drive Machines

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Case Saver for Polaris Chain Drive Machines

Hey All,

I know this topic has been beaten around for sometime now, anyway, I finally got some photos of the new right hand case half, along with the new chain guide made by polaris. This new case half has large reinforcement ribs that make it stronger, and the chain guide is simple, but should keep chain from trying to double up around the front sprocket area. Just go to my photos page, and they are the last 3 photos on that page.

Waylan

Old 01-07-2003, 03:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

The photos are great. How many screws hold it in place? It looks like only one and the output shaft. I looked at my case on my 01 (pre 4/01) and I have the same tapped hole and reinforcing ribs. Do you have the part number for the new gaurd?
Did you figure out what caused your last case to break. The reason why I asked is because when I got to reassembling my second tranny after a broken chain knocked a hole in it, I found that the rear drive chain was missing 5 outer rollers by the master link. There were 3 missing before the master and 2 after. I thought maybe that is what caused the chain to break because it wouldn't seat properly in the sprocket? Has anyone ever seen something like this?

Old 01-07-2003, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

Part # 3233897. Lists for $9.99.

It does have only one mounting bolt. It also has a tab that rests on one of the aluminum ribs for extra support, as well as the output shaft like you mentioned. It really doesn't have to be that strong...........just strong enough to guide the chain out without letting it wad up for a double pass through the front sprocket area.

The reason my last case broke was due to the chain derailing off the rear sprocket. I was running without the sprocket guard in place, and the chain got derailed by a stick or something. The chain sucked up on the axle, and gave it lots of slack up front........where it doubled up around the front sprocket. The front sprocket broke in half, and my transmission cracked at the same time.