Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

anyone get their predator in CA yet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 01:29 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone get their predator in CA yet?

Are all you guys still waiting for your predators in CA? Or have some of you got yours?

Waiting for mine to arrive in San Diego still. Was due back in early Nov. What a load of you know what from Polaris....

The last excuse I heard was tight emissions for CA....that was delaying shipments....

Old 01-07-2003, 02:21 PM
Trailblazer

What dealership are you working with? I got mine early Dec from Moto Sports in Oceanside but I did wait about a month from the time they said it would be in. If anything you can contact LA Triump in LA...last time I was there they had a TLD outside just waiting to be bought. I live around LA but work here in Camp Pen so if you need anymore help let me know.

Old 01-07-2003, 02:33 PM
Range Rover

It's Motosport Warehouse in Poway.

They ordered 50 for the year, but who knows how many they will indeed get in.

Well, if it doesn't come in the next few weeks, I think looking elsewhere where they are in stock will work out better....

Thanks for the help....glad you picked yours up....means they are in CA, so that's a good sign!

Old 01-07-2003, 06:57 PM
Trailblazer

ive had it with motorsport warehouse.....they havent had any in!!! I went to san diego house of motorcycles in el cajon and they had 2 there...this was a week and a half ago. So there here...I would give them a call up and see if they still have them in.

4904 EL CAJON BLVD
SAN DIEGO, CA 92115
(619) 229-7700

Old 01-07-2003, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer

I am a Polaris Dealer in Casa Grande, Arizona and have plenty of Predators
in stock. It's not that far of a drive from the San Diego area if you really want
one bad enough.

Old 01-09-2003, 12:24 AM
Range Rover

Good news! They got their first and only predator in so far today.

Gave us the first one (since we have been so patient and eager to get it). We were originally #11 on the list by the way.

Finally!

We pick it up Sat since I will have the truck there this weekend......

Since the special 0-0-12 finance promotion was over, we had to renegotiate the aftermarket parts pricing.... and discounting.... we ended up getting 20% off $1500 in parts and anything else to go along with the bike......

Posting another topic for some questions.....

Old 01-09-2003, 03:23 AM
Trailblazer

Congrats 03! Just picked mine up yesterday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Corona Ca. 6k Out the Door
Don't do what I did though...... Couldn't wait to ride the thing so took it for a rip up the street...... Almost slid into my neighbors lawn! That thing hauls a$$ and I mean now! Just got finished installing my WB slip on pipe and it be sounding sweet!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Installing the pipe is kinda a pain.. gotta ditch the OG gasket even though its brand new as it welds itself to the headpipe and its not far enough forward to let the WB pipe to slide on. You'll understand what I'm talking about when you get to it. Hey thats a cool review ( Cannondale vs Predator) on ATV connects home page eh? Well good luck See ya in Glamis!

Old 01-09-2003, 09:56 AM
Range Rover

Got mine Sunday afternoon, as a matter of fact, from the same place Tres got his. They had just gotten 8 last Friday. I would be curious to know if there was any difference between a Ca predator and a 49 state predator.......maybe carb jetting at the most????? Someone with a service manual should be able look up the specs.
Hey Tres, how's it going? You took your Predator for a spin down the street? Cool! I haven't even started mine since I brought it home. Maybe this weekend. By the way, if anyone wants to sell me their stock spark arrestor or stock muffler for real reasonable, I'd like a spare, as I want to experiment with modifying the stock end cap.

Old 01-09-2003, 10:10 AM
Range Rover

Tres: thanks for the warning on the slip on, I'll take my time on the install. Did you fuss any with the jetting or neddle so far in the carb? Becareful on the street....quads are another animal while on the pavement....I've scared myself a few times on my old built 250R.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Man, you got a deal on yours, congrats! Yeah, I did like the review. It seems the predator will give just about anything a run for it's money, in stock or slightly modded form against something similar.

Gotta: According to my dealer, that was one of the later excuses for their's getting in so late to CA, was emissions. Hopefully my service manual will be in soon. It was sad, our dealer there didn't have spark plugs or oil filters for it, but had a lot of the add-ons.... funny. I'll just pick those other tidbits up here in Tucson today. Enjoy your new beast! And for goodness sake, start the dang thing up man! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]