Blue 2002 Sportsman 500 HO?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blue 2002 Sportsman 500 HO?

Originally posted by: Syclone
Hey Scott!!

I didn't reconize the new name. As you can tell, it's been a while since I have been here.
I see you got a new Predator 500!
How do you like it? They look like they would just about fly!!!
As for being able to come to Windrock, I am trying my best to get a lot of guys to go this spring/summer and make a big weekend out of it. We just haven't been able to set a solid date. If they don't go, I guess my son and I will have to go without them. Hey, it will be their loss.
How do you like the 2002 Sportsman X (Ashley's)?

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Howdy Syclone,

I love the Predator. My poor Scrambler just couldn't take the rocks at Windrock any more. I've never ridden a sport quad before, and i wasn't sure how I would like it. But I've had NO regrets buying this.

Out of our three Sportsmans, I like the X the best. I don't know why. Maybe it's just set up different, or tweaked somehow. Don't know, but I think you'd like it.

I know how you feel about not getting to Windrock. We only made it there 10 times last year. We're hoping to make it down there a little more this year. We won't be there for the Spring ride, just way too many people. If you ever have plans to go, let me know. I'll show you around the place.

Scott

Old 01-16-2003, 11:34 AM
Trailblazer

Syclone,

The Sportsman X also came with the Rawhide tires on Chrome rims, and had the Multi mount Warn winch setup with remote. Its one nice quad that you'll get for a little or half the original price, and its barely broken in. If I remember correctly these were $7200 out the door when I looked at one while visiting the dealer over a year ago.

Old 01-16-2003, 01:54 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info Pest44!! I am looking forward to going this year.

I test-drove The Sportsman X yesterday. It has lots of power! Also, it is unbelievable how smooth the X rides. I guess I am use to the ’96 Model’s ride. The winch can be put on either end and all the wiring is right there! This is a super machine!
I am going to get it this evening, if the weather permits. We are suppose to have between 1” – 4” in some areas of snow/ice mixture tonight. Hey, everything stops down here in Alabama when snows or ice falls, doesn’t it Scott!

Scott, were you living down here during the 92 or 93 Blizzard (can’t remember which year)? Everything came to a stop when that happened.
Have you had a chance to try the Predator out in Windrock?
I will certainly let you know when we all can finally agree on a date that all of us can get together so you can show us around because we have been know to get lost. Embarrassing!!!

4wheelitis,
You are right; it has the Rawhides and the chrome wheels. The Rawhides barely have the **** wore off. The guy told me he gave 7100.00 when he bought it off the showroom floor.

Thanks again!!

Old 01-16-2003, 08:21 PM
Range Rover

Hope you enjoy your new quad; you definitely got a great deal if you bought it for $4,000. We (knoxville, TN) are getting a pretty good snow right now. Since I only live 45 minutes from Windrock mountain, I may have to make a trip over there tomorrow to do some snow riding.

Old 01-17-2003, 11:51 AM
Trailblazer

Went and got the Sportsman X yesterday!! It is really a super machine. My old Sportsman '96 can still out run it on a long stretch because the X is geared lower. But the X has a lot more power and is a very smooth ride! It will almost pull the front tires on take off in Low.

Pest44, get some pictures of the ride in Windrock if you get to go. I heard that you guys got 4-6 inches of snow. If this is true, you should have a great time!! Be safe and have fun!!