Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Kawi 700 dry wt.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003 | 11:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kawi 700 dry wt.

Yes I like my Raptor but it being a Yamaha has nothing to do with it. I liked how it rides, I liked the upgrade potential, I liked the power, it felt comfortable right away and I liked the looks. I could have cared less that it was a Yamaha!

I have picked all my quads because I liked them for one reason or another not blind brand loyalty. Quads I have owned or still own: Blaster, LT 80, Recon, Trailboss 325, LT500, cannibal, Now Raptor!

Your warm and fuzzies always follow a dig on the competition! Kinda like saying Your a jerk then after saying just kidding and it's supposed to be all ok!

Nocando

Old 01-29-2003 | 11:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kawi 700 dry wt.

Kevin,
I really hope your right about the 700. I am ready to buy a new sport atv and I still haven't decided what to get yet. I thought I had my mind set on the kfx400, then Predator, then I hear about the kfx700 which I truly hope is all that some claim it to be, then I hear that the 04 DS650 is gonna loose 60lbs. It sure is confusing, but it is wonderful having all of these GREAT quads on the market to choose from. Something keeps telling me to just wait and see what happens next.

Old 01-30-2003 | 01:24 AM
|
Elite Pro Rider
Default Kawi 700 dry wt.

"blind brand loyalty"? Hmmm, before I bought my Sport, I sat on, and rode everything out there. Then I came back and bought the machine I liked best. I guess then maybe you could label me visually blind, but incredibly open minded? Now for the Predator, Polaris listened to what we wanted, designed it, then released it. Just because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean you have to label them. Ride what you want, and if my enthusiasm for Polaris products offends you, you're gonna have to deal with it.....cause I don't plan on changing anytime soon. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Kinda like I used to race for Chevrolet, then worked for Ford, and now I drive a Dodge....big deal.
Kevin, are you running HPD mods? During the summer, I put at least 60-80 miles a weekend on through some pretty demanding woods trails, with hardly anything more than general maintenance. I get ripped on for running a race-mod through the woods, but the thing starts on the first pull every time (starter removed, flywheel shaved) and never leaves me hangin'. With the on demand snort, I never have a problem spending a little extra on the aviation 110.

Ken

Old 01-30-2003 | 07:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kawi 700 dry wt.

It is not your enthusiasm that bugs me it's the constant crying, The magazines aren't fair to polaris..waa waa waa, When polaris put them on their quads they were bad when others put them on they are inventive...waa waa waa. It's the same old story from you poor Polaris they are always mistreated. Everybody is out to get them. I am glad Polaris listened and made a quad specifically for you and like I said I like Polaris too, I'm just sick of the conspiracy theory that everybody is against them.

I never understood the Ford Chevy thing either once again the name on the brand never influenced the car I bought either!

Oh yeah ride what you like as long as you ride (warm and fuzzy enough)

Nocando

Old 01-30-2003 | 12:19 PM
|
Elite Pro Rider
Default Kawi 700 dry wt.

I think it could be said, you've got "blind brand loyalty" to Dirty Wheels!! Or maybe just connected to the editing staff. Quite a few of us here do what's called venting in our critiqing (sp) of Hi-torque article pertaining to Polaris products. Take for example the recent article on the HPD racer, they commented that the "rev limiter" had been adjusted for increased RPM on take-off......duh, it's called changing out the primary spring. If you are a Dirty Wheels loyalist, have a nut, but don't come around this forum looking for sympathy, or understanding, cause that was left at the last mud-hole.

Happy Trails, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ken

Lawyer's disclaimer: The contents of this post are not meant in any way to offend the editors for Dirty Wheels, ahem, I mean Dirt Wheels magazine. If you don't have a deap enough sense of humor, and elevated level of sarchasm.....sniff, sniff, then find one. Just having fun with quads, and discussions about them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2003 | 07:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kawi 700 dry wt.

I give up you win...lol

Hey don't talk about Dirt Wheels my MOM is the editor! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Nocando

Old 02-01-2003 | 08:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kawi 700 dry wt.

Breaking news just in from my connections at High Torque Magazine. She overheard a conversation between a Dirty Wheels writer and an ATV Action writer this is how it went. The names have been changed to protect the innocent!

Dirty Writer: "Hey we just got done with our latest high performance shootout and we have a huge problem, The Predator was the hands down winner, it was faster than them all, handled better, looked better, was better made it was perfect! The problem of course is our POLICY ABOUT POLARIS! I know you guys are also doing a similar shootout and I know you guys have the same policy because we are a sister publication. I am just trying to get some Ideas about what to make up about the Predator because we have yet to find anything wrong!"

ATV NonAction Writer: " Yes I agree, we are dealing with the same dilemma. One of our tester's said, "let's make something up about the transmission, yeah the transmission, How about this we had trouble shifting under power...How's that sound?" Sounded good to me so we went with it. Your welcome to use that!"

Dirty Writer: "Great idea we never thought of making something up about the transmission. We were thinking about complaining about the plastic what do you guys think?"

ATV NonAction Writer: "That's a good idea too, that never came up in our test but that should work. Do you guys think about complaining about the different type bolts on the machine?"

Dirty Writer: "Another good one thanks. Hey if you want I can send you over a copy of our test before it goes to print and if you can send me a copy of yours that would be great that way we can get our lies straight with one another."

ATV Non Action writer: "Of course I'll send you a copy wouldn't want us to contradict ourselves. If you need any other Ideas just give me a yell"

Dirty writer: "I'll call you again if we get stuck. I know I don't even need to tell you who won the shootout, you saw the latest Advertiser numbers right! Our editor puts a big list on the wall every month with the Highest revenue advertiser on the top! We all know what that means "SHOOTOUT WINNER". Well thanks for the Ideas we were really in a jam."

Ok the give up thing was a lie [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I just couldn't give up without a fight! All in good fun!

Nocando

Old 02-01-2003 | 12:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kawi 700 dry wt.

I think this guy my have an obsession with the Predator.

Old 02-01-2003 | 02:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kawi 700 dry wt.

A orange 500+ pound 2wd auto clutch sport atv......? Right. Makes me laugh.

03 black & red Raptor

Old 02-02-2003 | 04:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kawi 700 dry wt.

I had a 500 lb scrambler 500. Way to damn heavy for me. Traded for a much lighter Z.

Quick Reply: Kawi 700 dry wt.