Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Fit and finish on pred nerfs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fit and finish on pred nerfs?

Hey all,
I'm gonna hafta add nerfs to my predator to be able to compete in harescrambles this summer. I was just wondering if any had tried on the pure polaris nerfs, how they fit, if they think "rivots" hold the straps on well, just overall opinions on looks. I also see in the recent add of DW that DG has a new line of Fat Bars that will be available for the pred. They both look equally sweet, but I might possilby be able to come across polaris nerfs at a decent price, so let's hear the opinions!

--------
03 predator
02 scrammy 400 X (for sale)

Old 02-03-2003, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

Fit and finish of my pure polaris nerfs was perfect couldn't get any better. Rivot's have been holding the nets very well, no compliants at all.

They installed much easy then the 4-5 hours I have spent trying to install other nerfs bars on other quads.

Old 02-04-2003, 12:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider

They go on extremely easy. The riveting of the webbing actually allows you to custom fit the webs for your personal boot clearance. The directions estimated the install time at 60 mins, I think I had them on in 30.

Old 02-04-2003, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

About the same time for me, and that was without in structions. Kind of pizzed me off, but with the nutfs I go the instructions for the engine skid plate. So of course I threw them away. Next day I bought the K&N, Slip on and the engine skid plate, and the instructions that came with the skid plate were for the a-arm plate! lol All good, everything fit really well. I don't like the rivits on the rear of the webbing, but I already have an idea for that, after I installed them with the rivits, now I"m going to get some good thread and stitch it all, then drill out the rivits. Should look a lot better.

Old 02-04-2003, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

Also, the DG's you can get in different color webbing, I know that there is red, but don't know abuut any other colors.

Old 02-04-2003, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

I have a brand new set of Pure Polaris Nerfs posted on E-Bay right now, item number 2402049139. I purchased this set with a number of items I purchased at the same time for this Predator build and although I don't have a problem at all with the quality of these bars, I decided to wait a few more weeks for AC Racing complete nerf/peg and heel gaurd set up. they will run close to 500 bucks but I know me, I'll install these Polaris nerfs now and remove them as soon as AC Racings become available. So I might as well sell them new. I have quite a few other parts posted on e-bay also from my Predator, check it out if anyone needs some stock parts. I have the stock Predator front and rear shocks on there to, I'm installing the Walker Evens. Take care, Putt