Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I am in a crazy frenzy. Need help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 01:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am in a crazy frenzy. Need help.

I am round the corner of purchasing a new Quad. I have beat myself up so bad to the point I am getting tired of reading and searching for which quad to get. At first I thought about getting a Raptor then started to do more research on other quads and ran across the predator. The predator sounds like all around good machine. Whether your racing or just simply bashing around trails and jumps. The only problem about what I read is if I am reading about the Raptor you hear nothing but good things. If I am reading about the predator you hear nothing but good things. I was considering a Raptor. Now, I am deciding between a Raptor or Predator. The stock predator seems to be the leader as far as stock goodies and had several advantages over the Raptor. Its already wide and has steel brake lines, and not to mention the handling and shocks. One reason I wanted a Raptor was the power. I wanted to be able to do wheelies when I wanted to. Is the predator wheelie friendly? Does it have plenty of power? Do I need to worry about messing around with the jets as far as air/fuel mixture goes or is stock good until I get a pipe? What about the stock gearing? I am leaning more towards the predator now. Plus, its American made. I have quite a bit of pervious ATV experience. I trade my old quad for my streetbike. Now I am going to trade again. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The 400ex isn't out of the question either. I know this is the Predator section but, what do you think?

Thanks for the info.,

Helix

Old 02-27-2003, 02:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Helix- They are both good quads. I would wait to the second year to get a predator just to be on the safe side. Figure out how far you plan to go with modds before you buy. IMO the raptor has a more friendly powerband. Those are the 2 best choices out there. pick carefully

Old 02-27-2003, 01:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Latest and greatest stock suspension. Braided brake lines, chromoly axle, futuristic styling, dual overhead cams, Douglas aluminum wheels.....Add that Pure Polaris/WB silencer, and some ressi'z up front, you'll be a screamin' riding fool!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The quad went through three long years of R&D to get where it is now. Polaris busted their butts, now we get to ride the incredible result.

Old 02-27-2003, 02:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Why do I need to see how far I am going to mod. it before I pick which one I want? I plan on modding whatever I get pretty far. Whether its a predator, raptor, or EX.

Thanks,

Helix

Old 02-27-2003, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Helix7
Why do I need to see how far I am going to mod. it before I pick which one I want? I plan on modding whatever I get pretty far. Whether its a predator, raptor, or EX.

Thanks,

Helix
I think what 14mins is talking about, is if you plan on modding right off, there are more mods ready for the Raptor then the Predator. However, the mods for the Predator are coming on quickly.