Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Do Polaris ATVs weigh too much?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2000, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first Time I saw A Quadrunner/master in person,I couldn't believe how small looking it was. I acually thought it was a new King-Quad. Put one side by side with a Sportsman and you'll see why they're so light.

Old 04-22-2000, 02:55 AM
Trailblazer

I did not buy another Polaris because of weight,single brake leaver,2wd compression braking and the mix of american and metric bolts. Hate the way the battery hangs in the fender well getting drenched with mud.Fit and finish needs work. But...I do like there full lock diff. I chose the New Kodiak and I really like it. I notice the weight differance when in perilous situations. And give me those dual brakes any day, they are life savers.

Old 04-22-2000, 03:07 AM
Pro Rider

I did not buy another Polaris because of weight,single brake leaver,2wd compression braking and the mix of american and metric bolts. Hate the way the battery hangs in the fender well getting drenched with mud.Fit and finish needs work. But...I do like there full lock diff. I chose the New Kodiak and I really like it. I notice the weight differance when in perilous situations. And give me those dual brakes any day, they are life savers.

Well old bear glad to see you got you the kodiak that is really a nice bike, glad you got what really suites you, did you know that though they make a kit to split the brakes, and there is a trick you can use to put the Polaris into 4 wheel compression braking, they battery position and the mix of metric and american bolts hasn't really been any disadvantage for me and the Polaris is heavy sometimes this is an advatage like in the mud and has never really been a disadvantage for me though I have seen a few situations where light may have been better but you are right you can't beat that true 4 wheel drive glad you got the bike that works best for you.