Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Why does Polaris get bashed so hard!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 04:43 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does Polaris get bashed so hard!!!!!!

I just got done reading a whole lot of the different forums here Yamaha Kawi etc. and I noticed that Polaris was SLAMMED more then any other ATV. I see a little bit on this forum but most of it is just the big boys that have lot'sOMods talking S**t and you can't really compare one modded machine to the other. (Well you can but you will never be equal and of course Polaris will always come out on top) LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Anyway I just would like to know if others are just a little bit intimidated or is this just a hate hate relationship? I know this is going to start a war but I just don't understand why the Polaris name gets beat up all the time.

I have 2 Polaris quads now and I won't trade them for any other out there.

Later on ALL

Old 03-06-2003, 05:25 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

who gives a adam??

ride what ya ride

ride it hard

Old 03-06-2003, 06:53 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]I have owned polaris atv,s since 1987.(1987 Trail Boss which we still ride regular)Polaris was allways knocked for their auto transmission and floor boards.Now all the jap models have them so they are ok.When folks from the other forums jump on this forum to bash us Polaris owners just shows me one thing.They are jealous wannabbeeS!!!! Proud to be American..Damn proud to buy American!!!

Old 03-06-2003, 08:31 AM
Pro Rider

It's because of their history. Honda has loyal fans because look back in the 80's. The 250 Big Red 3 wheeler was unmatched, the 250R (4 and 3 wheelers) the 300 honda back then was the best............ans that's why they have so many loyal fans today. Polaris on the other hand had a bad start, IMO, and people don't forget that i guess. But the machines polaris makes today are very reliable (mostly) and they outperform almost all of them!

Old 03-06-2003, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider

You are right about that, I still have a Honda Big Red I bought new and have never had a single problem with it. When I decided to buy a new 4x4 ATV I really liked the Polaris but was kind of reluctant to buy it because of all the bad things I have heard about them (and am still hearing). I went ahead and bought the Polaris and so far I really like it, but if I start having a lot of problems I will sell it and get something different. If Honda offered an ATV with the features of the Polaris 700 I would have bought it but right now Polaris offers more features I like for what I use an ATV for. A lot of info on this forum helped me decide to try the Polaris and I think I made the right decision.

Old 03-06-2003, 11:32 AM
KGB
Pro Rider

I think I might have an idea. I have no problem w/ Polaris. I think if you want a 4x4 with a CVT you are best off w/ a Polaris. But it seems like most people on here are into "sport" quads. I don't even want to get into the definition of that. But when you see what Polaris does int he Snowmobile market it kind of makes up "sport" guys a little pissed. Polaris builds some bada$$ sleds, and has a great racing program. And until the Predetor came out we had to wonder why they didn't bring a little of that enthusiam and technology over to the "sport" atvs. So I think that is all going to change as Polaris gets the Predator off the ground succesfully and starts to support racing and the like.

Old 03-06-2003, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

I think it's just because they are Jealous.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2003, 01:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: AllorNothin
I just got done reading a whole lot of the different forums here Yamaha Kawi etc. and I noticed that Polaris was SLAMMED more then any other ATV. I see a little bit on this forum but most of it is just the big boys that have lot'sOMods talking S**t and you can't really compare one modded machine to the other. (Well you can but you will never be equal and of course Polaris will always come out on top) LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Anyway I just would like to know if others are just a little bit intimidated or is this just a hate hate relationship? I know this is going to start a war but I just don't understand why the Polaris name gets beat up all the time.

I have 2 Polaris quads now and I won't trade them for any other out there.

Later on ALL
TIMMMAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IS BACK.....! HAHA-AND YEAH YOURALLNOTHIN YOU'RE RIGHT-POLARIS DOES SUCK-AND THEY DO GET BASHED BECAUSE THEY DON'T BELONG ON THE TRAILS-THEY'RE UGLY AND SO ARE YOU-AND TIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAY'S BACK BABY-HONDA 4LIFE BROTHER-HONDA 4LIFE- YOU'RE THE ONE THAT'S INTIMIDATED SON-SO GO DRIVE THOSE POLARASSES INTO A LAKE AND TAKE A NICE TRIP TO YOUR LOCAL HONDA DEALER-HAHA-GOODNIGHT-TIMMMMMMMAY WILL RIDE AGAIN....... A HA HA HA HA HAH HAA[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2003, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

Someone forget to take their Prozac today?

Old 03-06-2003, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

I have never been a Polaris basher,as I think they have come a long way in the last 4-5 years, But I will tell you what has been our experience, every Polaris that has rode with us the last few'years but one has broken down on the trail, the one that didn't was a 2002 700, One guy bought a 98 Sport 400, the coil or iginiton went out 4 times, they always fixed it free but still? on the fifth one he traded it, another guy had a 95 Scrambler 400 4X4 we had to work on his cvt cover several times as the clutches were rubbing the cover and the exhaust bolts kept coming loose, A woman had just bought a new Magnum325 4x4 she came to ride with us and it would not idle, being the one who always get's volunteered to be the mechanic I finally got enough plastic off after about 10 minute's to get to the carb and the idle screw on the bottom had fell out and was laying on the engine skid plate, I could not get it back in because it was so long and the angle of the head, the carb would have to removed or turned sideways, i told her to just give it a little gas all the time the rest of the day and take it back to the dealer.... again this is only what I have seen here in Tn but it is always something little or major, maybe the models from 2000 and newer have their quality control problem's worked out. don't get upset with me. don't shoot the messenger......

Quick Reply: Why does Polaris get bashed so hard!!!!!!