Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Guys Who Cook

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guys Who Cook

Get a dutch oven. The beauty is that you don't have to tend it, load it up use your charcoals and leave it alone, go ride, and come back to food that is perfectly prepared! I make jumbilya(can't spell) with chicken and or shrimp. In a 12" oven it feeds a small army. Add some sourdough(or bread of your choice) and a Corona and you have sand dune gourmet. I can get the exact recipie if your interested!

Old 03-30-2003, 11:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Guys Who Cook

MMMMMMMmmmmmmm. I'm interested.

Old 03-30-2003, 11:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Guys Who Cook

As long as no one else finds it before you..hehe. Sounds good!

Old 03-30-2003, 11:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Guys Who Cook

Originally posted by: CampCook700
No sir I was not implying anything other than food. I'll have to be more careful with the way I post recipes from now on eh?
Well there goes the ideas, for all the guys only, trip food.

haaa haaaa

Dana
Mrs Bubba

Old 03-31-2003, 12:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Guys Who Cook

So we have a two track mind, quads and that three letter word. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Trying to keep the family show. hehe

Old 03-31-2003, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default Guys Who Cook

Hossblur,

Said the recipe to me too, please.

Old 03-31-2003, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default Guys Who Cook

Try the current MREs (Meals Ready to Eat). They are much better than their predecessors. When I was in the service they were refered to as Meals Rejected by Ethopians. The new ones are much more palatable (and down right gourmet in some cases), plus you get a bottle of hot sauce and a free heater too. YUM!

Old 03-31-2003, 11:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Guys Who Cook

Two cautions about the MRE's, watch out for the "ham and cheese omelette" (notice the quotation marks, that's what it's called, not what it is), it's like one big slimy chunk "o" yellow rubber. Then also, keep open flames away from the heaters. The chemical reation that takes place to warm the food gives of hydrogen gas. Had a commanding officer not believe that hydrogen was flammable, well, just had to show him...hehe, one big boom later, and yup, he's a believer. I think everyone pooped their pants. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Oooops, sorry, were we talking about eating?

Old 03-31-2003, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Guys Who Cook

Night before the ride, get out a big tender steak, and cube it up into 1" squares.....soak in it a zip lock bag with marinade or spice rub of your choice, then roast 'em over a camp fire like marshmellows on a stick.......best fire fondue you'll ever have.

Old 03-31-2003, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Guys Who Cook

I go on one big ride a year and camp for 5 days. Cooking is as much a part of it for me as riding

in the 5 days, I will have:

3 steaks
1 london broil
pre-cooked Shrimp
6 burgers
some beef kabobs (found in the grocery store pre made just cook and eat)
Lots of chicken

I always bring too many burgers and hotdogs, I use them just for lunch pretty much. They are a pain since you need to bring rolls and sides for both. The only thing I havent figured out is breakfast which is too much of a pain in the **** to cook so sometimes I load up and go into town if I am really hungry.

I take all the steaks and put them in individual zip locks with seasoning and maronade, The london broil I take a jab with a fork about 100 times and put it in its own bag with a spicier steak sauce. I Dump a bottle of texas best in a big zip lock with the chicken and mush it around. The shrimp are already peeled and ready to eat just break out the cocktail sauce. The Beef Kabobs are great, they come in there own vacuum locked baggy and their own sticks, open em up and throw them on the grill. Sometimes I double bag things that bleed, blood red cooler water is not real appetizing

I use a small propane grill that I got at walmart for $16

I also got a 40gal cooler that will fit everything, get one that has a split lid, where you can open a smaller portion to get at the beer. I always have ice left over after the 5 days but good cooler management is also important. Drain half the water every day and it should keep a long time.

Keilbasa and Brats are also GREAT!

Quick Reply: Guys Who Cook