Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Question about riding boots and mud

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about riding boots and mud

Hello all,

I have been looking at the Alpinestar Tech 8 boots for a couple of months now. They seam to be some really sweet boots.

The problem is I will be doing mostly trail riding and there is always the chance of burying the Pred in the mud and having to walk out to where my wife can winch me out. I would hate to get these boots and ruin them right away! I'm thinking that getting a tool box for her Sportsman and hauling other boots to put on when we get to where I see a problem.

What are your thoughts on this matter? Will this ruin the boot? What are your recommendations?

Old 03-30-2003, 07:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think the riding boots are cool looking( I've never worn a pair) but I just wear my hermans
are riding boots more comfortable?

Old 03-30-2003, 08:07 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Ive found riding boots to be a pain in the a$$ to get on. Since I have full floor boards, I think I will stick with my steel toe catapillar boots [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2003, 10:26 PM
Range Rover

I just bought a new pair of tech 8s. I love them there very comfortable to put on and there are the only brand out there now that i know of that uses booties. Alls you do is slip the bootie out and put it on then the boots slide on with no problem. Now the first couple of times you where them the will be a pain to get on. On about the third time about they will be pretty much broke in. I think if you buy them you won't be unhappy. I love mine

Keith

Old 03-31-2003, 03:01 AM
Range Rover

I agree, i've buried my catepuller steel toe and then sprayed them off in the car wash with the high pressure sprayer. Still haven't felt water. My other pair for riding bikes just got replaced after 4 years, only due to sole slant.

Old 03-31-2003, 03:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I've worn plain old all leather Thors, and O'neals. Buried them repeatedly in mud and water. Get home spray them with Simple Green, or something similar. Hose 'em off. Once dry I spray on some 3M Marine Vinyl protectant, and they look as good as new. The protectant also helps keep them a little easier to get into the next time.

Old 03-31-2003, 10:06 AM
Range Rover

I trail ride and race in a pair of Alpine Star All Terrain boots, i think they are a M-4 or M6. They are great once you break them in, they have alot of support and are easy to break in. The thread is like a hikeing boot, i always wear two pairs of socks, and after having them on for over 8 hrs at a race - my feet do not bother me. i used to wear steel toe work boots but there is no comparison to a good pair of ATV riding boot in my opinion.
later
hunt

Old 03-31-2003, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

I have my m-890 O'neals, love em. They get muddy with the best of them. Take them home, hose 'em off, let drip dry for 24hr., and then rub in some mink oil to condition and soften the leather back up!!