Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

hey guys question about my blaster motor

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 09:56 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey guys question about my blaster motor

hey guys i just got home from rideing i went with a couple buddys that have been watching me build my blaster slowly and watched it come togeather and i took them all on a good ride but the first rider i took on it i jumped on it and like winded 1 2 3ed gear with only 2 or 3 hours on the motor then i took his brother on a ride and i missed second gear due to this little dinky gear shifter i have and i slammed the throttle cause i thought it went into gear and i suddely got very upset cause they told me to keep it 3/4 throtthe for about 24 hours and on top of it all i was crusing in 5th or 6th and my chain fell off and it reved out real fast...... on a built motor like mine with the following mods below will it hurt to miss a couple gears and like couple full throttle runs? or shoud i reallllly take it easy for that break in time
thank you guys right back asap i am dieing to know thank you

Old 05-26-2003, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

lmao

your screwed guy

FIRST: it dose not hurt to miss gears.

SECOND: i can not stress enough on how important it is to go EASY during break in. when u break in a motor your supposed to do this.... start warm motor then ride around for 15 minets not goin more than 1/4 throttle. after that let it cool for 30 minets and keep doing this but give a little bit more gas eveytime. do this about 10 11 times. and youl be good to harmer. now, if there was any wide open throttle during break in this is not good.

i have broke in one motor to fast once (when i didnt know much) and it wouldnt barley run, so i rebuilt it again. what i saw stumped me and many mechanics. there was two large marks on each side of the jug. i fianlly took it to a guy and he said that it was from breakin in to fast. he also said that a simple hone job would fix it.

i would sudjest (if u want your blaster runnin mint and have max power) to rehone it and get a new piston and rings for it, then take it EASY for a long time! and do it right.

you willl thank your self.

Old 05-31-2003, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider

You are absolutely right dragracer, you have to keep the throttle down at about 1/2 or 3/4 to get the piston rings seated correctly and to keep the gasket from blowing, my mechanic said to run it like that for the first tank of gas and not rev it up past that amount , you just dont do that on a rebuilt engine,like making a hospital patient run laps, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]