Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Choosing my first Sport Quad

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 01:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choosing my first Sport Quad

hmm.. Someone said that the Predator is real heavy and you cant get very good air with it. Well this weekend I went to Rocky Ridge and saw 2 Bombardier DS650s up there and they where doin some amazing jumps. I mean they where goin waayyy up in the air. Also they appeared to be stock cuz I didnt see any after mods not even nerf bars or anything. I also saw em doin wheelies for about a quarter mile down a drag strip. I saw the DS650 doin just about anything most the other quads could do and they are the heaviest sportquad you can get. So I know if a DS650 can do all that stuff a Predator can do it to only better [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2003, 03:19 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Actually the V-force is now the heaviest, and that thing is suppose to be hard to keep the front end down on

Old 06-30-2003, 11:52 PM
Trailblazer

true but I bet ya can still get some major air off of it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. And Ive also heard that the front end lifts really bad. I mean even my Sportsman 600 will do that, but not near as bad. Thats why I dont want one. It would have been better if they made it a manual.

Old 07-02-2003, 02:54 AM
Pro Rider

The DS is a way more powerful machine than the predator. The ds is the fastest four-stroke there is. The ds, raptor, and predator have top honors as speed kings but like I said the ds is fastest. Also Sixxx the predator does not wheelie good at all. It jumps good but wheelies suck, peace and God bless.

Old 07-02-2003, 11:52 AM
Trailblazer

I know wheelies are fun and all but isnt it common sense that if it doesnt wheelie good then when I start modding it or if I try to ride up a steep hill it wouldnt flip back on me. Cuz Ive heard of people modding the 400ex which is the best wheelie machine, and it have to much power and flip backwards on ya. The Raptor will do the same thing to ya. So bein a little harder to do a wheelie I would think would be a bit better cuz you wouldnt have to worry about it flyin back on you when you gun it outta the hole. Anyway I saw Jesse James from monster garage doin a wheelie on a Predator. Watch the episode when they turn a Mini into a snowmobile. They let him play with one. Awsome episode [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2003, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider

Of course it's better not to wheelie going up a hill. Who wants to flip their bike and ruin it but I posted that because you said if a ds could jump and wheelie like that then a pred could do it way better. That's not the case, at least not for wheelies. The pred has anti-squat suspension so it won't want to wheelie in a race, which helps keep it planted to the ground to help get it holeshots in a race. You're right though it's better to have a quad for climbing and stuff that won't wheelie easy but it sure is fun to ride some cool wheelies in front of the ladies.

Old 07-03-2003, 11:11 AM
Trailblazer

hehehe Yes it is true doin in front of the ladies is cool. I do em on my Sportsman 500 and 600 all the time. But Predator wheelies arent impossible just a little harder. And really they arent that hard either. BTW has anyone tried out the new DS650? They are supposed to be 40lbs lighter and bilt more like the baja version with extra stuff. Cuz that would put the DS650 in a different light for alot of people cuz it wouldnt be no were near as heavy. I think Ima go up to the dealer today and try one out. Never know I might like that better than the predator and get that instead.

Old 07-14-2003, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigBadScrambler
bigluke2k3, for your size and weight, it comes down to 2 quads, the DS650 and V-Force. Both are powerful machines and are geared toward the larger riders. The 04 DS's are suppose to be lighter than the previous ones. The new DS should be faster than the V-force due to the lighter wieght. Plus the new Baja and BajaX look really nice. I guess it really comes down to if you want a manual or automatic
bigluke you should take a spin on the v700 and ds650 before buying a raptor. It sounds like you need a big machine. The 22" tires on the V will prevent you from digging holes too.

Old 07-16-2003, 09:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

im also looking for a new quad. (after i wrecked my dirtbike my dad said no more two wheels)
Im either thinking about a blaster or a 250ex, but i dont know if a newb like me can handle a blaster.