Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Worst crash ever!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worst crash ever!!

this crash involved me n my blaster n my friend n his xr100 we just started racing down a dirt road n there was a puddle on my side of the road so i seen it a floored it i was in 5th gear tapped doin lil under 50mph n the rear end started to hydroplane a bit n when i moved my body it went all the way side ways cliped the side off his bike his bike tipped n i hit his bike n rolled a good 3 or 4 maybe 5 times n we couldnt call ne body cause out phones were trashed but luckly there a guy who rides a polaris trailblazer everyday n seen us n helped us out my friend was fine i broke my leg n brused my ribs n lungs

Old 08-28-2004, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

i was riding my friends 440ex doing about 50 when i hit a runoff ditch from the rain the quad flipped fowards i hit the handlebars into my stomach the quad flew over me then landed on me and i dont remember much from then on. i only remember sitting up not being able to move my legs and i felt a sharp pain all throughout my stomach..i finally regained control of my legs and rode back to my friends house and i had internal bleeding, a ruptured spleen, my intestines got messed up and started bleeding and i dislocated my shoulder.. ouch

Old 08-29-2004, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

When i sidehilled to high and far on my blaster and it came rolling after me with vengence [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 08-29-2004, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6th gear pinned trying to get around my friends 400ex on my Warrior. Clipped his left rear tires with my right front tire and went flying. I was probably almost maxed out too. I got the wind knocked out of me big time couldn't breath for like 2 minutes, my back was all scratched up because we were doing this riding down beside train tracks (all gravel), and i messed up my back..pulled some muscle I think pretty bad. It hurt for me to stand up and down for like 2 weeks. I never went to the doctor, cause it healed. But every once in a while when I'm jumping, On hard landings the pain comes back to me a little bit just to say "Hey, I'm still here..don't do that too much" Whenever I hit his tire, I flew off and hit this small tree and just kept flying throw the air. My quad barrel rolled like 15 times. After I regained my breath though, the first thing I tried to do was pick my quad back up. My friend made me sit on his 400ex and he picked it up. Nothing happened to his quad though.

My quad suffered too. Bent steering stem, bent nerf bar, f%$#ed up plastic, and a broken thumb throttle. Now I am always hesitant to go fast down the train tracks.

That was my worst but here's another one. I was riding the beartracker tying to go up this rocky hill...it slipped the whole way up and got traction at the top of the hill. It flew up on its rear end, I flew off and rolled down the hill. Then as soon as I looked up, BAM!! The rear rack on the beartracker smacked me right in the side of the head where my helmet wasn't covering. Hurt so bad.

But, I'm a careful rider [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2004, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

Trying a steep hill climb with lots of ruts on a stock Raptor is bad. I made it to the last tree root and the quad went over backwards on me. It broke the visor off my helmet but I was unhurt. After about six rolls down the hill he quad had the front plastics broke, handlebars bent, reverse **** broke off, throttle cable broke[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img], and one headlight fell off. It would have been worse but luckily my friends managed to stop it from going all the way down, don't ask me how.

Old 08-30-2004, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

just a couple of weeks ago 5-16 me and a guy were racing down a trail i was in 5t doing 50-55 i didn't know the turn up ahead was so sharp locked up all the tire on the pred and i flew 20-25 ft. of the side of a ditch that was about 15 ft. deep. the front of the pred hit a big rock which then i flew forward about ten feet then landed on a boulder on my chest and stomach, then the bike landed straight on my back and legs. i broke off my ac bumper crumpled my skid plate bent the frame a tie rod the piece that holds the tie rods together broke. Broke all the front plastick and head lights, blew a front tire and u know what after all that the bike still fired right up. and as far as me i had all my gear on thank god so despite a non paralizing broken back besides a bunch of bumps and bruses i am fine. all the parts are on order and i will be up at dumont memorial day weekend. and the wreck was so bad i have had a couple of nightmares since the wreck. i will alway ride slow on trails i am not 100% sure about. i have posted a pic of the cliff i whent off of. ouch it huerts just looking at it.

Old 08-31-2004, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider

When I owned a 300ex I was hill climbing, powered out about 6 inches from the top, started rolling back fast (even with my brakes on) his a wash out and flat landed face first (with a helmet), only thing that hurt was my elbow, it was swollen and I couldn't move it for about 2 weeks.

...second real bad one was with my Rappy, first day after breaking it in, 5th tapped down an icy road, I though it'd be neat to ride a snow drift, front tire caught, threw me, and the bike cartwheeled to its death, I was fine, but I didn't want to look at my quad. It broke an a-arm, bend steering stem, 3 rims, grab bar, handle bars, bumper was mangled, and both lights where broken. I was incredibly pissed off at myself, though replaced everything broken, and she is as good as new (probably better).